Need to vent!!!

Options
Today is just one of those days where I feel like I can't deal with all the "life stuff". Earlier, an elementary school in my city found a detonated pipe bomb on their roof. I happen to have 2 children attending elementary schools in the same city, and I was just down the street. Everyone was ok, but all the thoughts and what ifs overwhelmed me and I had a really embarrassing anxiety attack in school. :sad: (WHAT is wrong with people, anyway?! Is no one EVER safe? Targeting elementary kids, REALLY?!) Anyway, so I get home, and have not been getting along with the SO. And then there's the wedding planning, and I have some other stuff I've needed to take care of for weeks that I've been putting off, and now I am now more than overwhelmed! And there's school stressors, and family stuff, etc, etc. You know-- we all have stuff that drives us crazy and gets us down. It's just one of those days where I'd love to eat, and eat, and eat! Escapism! I'm just trying to keep it together and have a positive attitude, I feel a little better after venting. Thanks for lending an ear. :smile:

Replies

• bunnymum150
    bunnymum150 Posts: 311
    Options
    I think after last week we have all been pushed to the mental max! so many crazy things have occurred not to mention the midwest rain and flooding and the water in the basement, arghhhhhh. The list goes on, including weight stable this week, must look at the positive - how far I have come and at least the # did not go up on the scale.

It was beautiful to see the sun today and it is supposed to be a beautiful day again tomorrow too - then predictions for more rain and "snow showers" really???????

Cheer up my MFP friend! :flowerforyou:
  • DulceDollie
    DulceDollie Posts: 115
    Options
    I think after last week we have all been pushed to the mental max! so many crazy things have occurred not to mention the midwest rain and flooding and the water in the basement, arghhhhhh. The list goes on, including weight stable this week, must look at the positive - how far I have come and at least the # did not go up on the scale.

It was beautiful to see the sun today and it is supposed to be a beautiful day again tomorrow too - then predictions for more rain and "snow showers" really???????

Cheer up my MFP friend! :flowerforyou:

Well said, thank you! Good luck with the basement- ugh! :smile:
  • bunnymum150
    bunnymum150 Posts: 311
    Options
    you too and thanks!
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Here's hoping today is better! keep an eye on the anxiety though and if it escalates see your Dr. It can quickly take you over if you take your eye off it. (Been there.)