30 Day Shred- anyone want to join me?

Options

Replies

• vicidoesstuff
    vicidoesstuff Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Day 6 was done today. It's definitely part of my routine now. Wake up, breakfast, let that settle, shred, log it, chill & shower, on with the day.

My least favourite move is jump rope. It kills my calves the second time round in the first circuit. I powered through it today, though, and my endurance is slowly getting better. This hot weather isn't helping, though. Today it was averaging 24C. I burnt 290 calories (10 more than yesterday) according to my HRM. Pushing much harder now so I don't get complacent with it.

I love the side lunges. You can really tell the difference when you do it wrong then alter to doing it correctly. It's hard work, for sure, but so rewarding.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Day 27 down! I felt a little sluggish today, maybe not enough water or the vodka last night. I can't believe I have done this everyday for 27 days!
  • funnygrrl
    funnygrrl Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Day 6 was done today. It's definitely part of my routine now. Wake up, breakfast, let that settle, shred, log it, chill & shower, on with the day.

My least favourite move is jump rope. It kills my calves the second time round in the first circuit. I powered through it today, though, and my endurance is slowly getting better. This hot weather isn't helping, though. Today it was averaging 24C. I burnt 290 calories (10 more than yesterday) according to my HRM. Pushing much harder now so I don't get complacent with it.

I love the side lunges. You can really tell the difference when you do it wrong then alter to doing it correctly. It's hard work, for sure, but so rewarding.

its interesting you say you love the side lunges. i can't stand them. i can't tell if im doing them right plus i have no strength in that part of my arm muscles...

im thinking i should get a heart rate monitor too... sounds like it may make my calorie count more accurate!
  • vicidoesstuff
    Options
    It is a hothothot morning here in Birmingham, UK.

I just sweated out 300 calories on Day 7. Shower time, methinks!
  • amysj303
    Options
    Day 28 done! I would have felt better about today if I didn't have a giant blister on the bottom of my foot walking to breakfast in new sandals, ouch!
  • kblove
    kblove Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey asjerven...how much weight have you lost so far? I am only a few days in and I know everyone is different but I was just curious how well it has worked out for you?
  • funnygrrl
    Options

hey, ikiness, are you using a calorie counter or a heart rate monitor? when i enter in 20 minutes of circuit training for the dvd, i only get like 170...

i did day 7 too.. whoa, its actually getting harder as the days progress, but i lost a pound and an inch off my waist so i think the added element of strength helps...
  • vicidoesstuff
    Options

hey, ikiness, are you using a calorie counter or a heart rate monitor? when i enter in 20 minutes of circuit training for the dvd, i only get like 170...

i did day 7 too.. whoa, its actually getting harder as the days progress, but i lost a pound and an inch off my waist so i think the added element of strength helps...

I'm using a HRM. It's a York P30 which was £17.95, free postage, from ebay. Today I only burnt 270 calories. It's fluctuating between 260 and 300 calories burnt for the workout. If you notice, it isn't actually 20 minutes. It's 27 minutes. I play the DVD on my laptop so I can see the minutes on the bottom of the screen if I move my mouse. The warm up starts about 20 seconds in and the cool down ends at 27 minutes 30 seconds thereabouts.

If you're checking with a HRM, you'll notice you actually burn after the workout because your heart rate is still up. That's a given, anyway. I log the 27 minutes of workout, though, so don't actually use the calories burnt afterwards.

edit: I'm also about 195lbs so I burn quite alot. It'll get fewer once I lose so I'll be down at about 170 calories, probably, in a while.

edit 2: When I didn't have HRM (only bought it very recently) I was logging the DVD as circuit training. For 20 minutes (because I didnt realise it was 27 until a few days in) it was telling me I'd burn an average of about 223 calories.
  • amysj303
    Options
    I log it as circuit training and my dvd tells me how long it is, but Level 2 is longer than Level 3.
  • amysj303
    Options
    Day 29 done! I felt pretty good about today. I do the girly-style walking push-ups, and I don't jump on the lunges, on accounta this blister! and that makes my knees hurt, I think, I don't land right... One more day and I consider myself shredded:)
  • vicidoesstuff
    Options
    I did Day 9 this morning at 5.30am because I had to go to ITV at 9am and needed time to shower and get myself ready. Thankfully I made myself go to bed at 8.30pm last night because I was tired anyway, due to the heat here, so it wasn't THAT bad.

Definitely looking forward to giving it everything I have to see off Level 1, finally, tomorrow morning.
  • funnygrrl
    Options
    all of you going on day 10 tomorrow, or day 30... GOOD LUCK! i know we'll all bring it our all! :-)
  • amysj303
    Options
    Day 30 complete! I am shredded:) But seriously, it was hard today, didn't get any easier for me.
    I am going to take tomorrow off, maybe Thursday too. Try and find something new...
  • funnygrrl
    Options
    day 10 down. i really gave it my all. gotta take tomorrow off, i'll have absolutely no time :( but i plan to hit level 2 hard

went for a jog tonight too to compensate for tomorrow night
  • vicidoesstuff
    Options
    Day 11 done. First day of Level 2.

WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT?!? I definitely did not enjoy Level 2 as much as Level 1. I can't wait to say goodbye to it and hello to level 3. Jeez. The hard work, for me, started at circuit 3. I still managed to burn 280 calories. Perhaps that's because of TOM but whatever.
  • funnygrrl
    Options
    hey all, how's the 30 day shred treating you all? honestly, i finished the first level on wednesday, and have yet to start level 2... i did try to ramp back into working out by doing a different jillian dvd and she killed me, so tonight, i decided i will do one more night of level 1, to help me vamp back up into shredding mode, and then get back into it...
  • hotpink82
    hotpink82 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I was actually gonna start working out to the 30 day shred. I love Jillian she knows her stuff.

I need to really push myself here damn!

Motivation would be nice :)

87 more pounds to go... oh man!
  • funnygrrl
    Options
    Day 11 done. First day of Level 2.

WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT?!? I definitely did not enjoy Level 2 as much as Level 1. I can't wait to say goodbye to it and hello to level 3. Jeez. The hard work, for me, started at circuit 3. I still managed to burn 280 calories. Perhaps that's because of TOM but whatever.

:grumble:
    TOTALLY in agreeance!!! yikes! i almost died during ALL the strength and had to take a quick break... boo :sad: i'm going to try to to push it through to the end and if i have to, ill do an extra couple of days to build up my strength..
  • funnygrrl
    Options
    hows it going for everyone? just finished doing day 4 of level 2, and i swear, i might as well have walked in from the rainstorm... yuck :sick:

on a good note, i saw a cute watch with a heart rate monitor for $50 CDN so i'll be picking that up tomorrow
  • vicidoesstuff
    Options
    I've just done Day 20. That means I'm onto level 3 tomorrow. Eek!