New Member from Vermont

Options
I am Katrina and like some of you I too have a hard time with the calorie and eating healthy sort of thing. I figured that each week i set myself up a new goal that way I don't have to look so far ahead and I can get satisfaction sooner :). I also use the wii fit and I have had to change my routine from 30 minutes up to 60 minutes as not all the excersises make me sweat and then some of them kick my but and then hand it right back to me. The trick I have found is to find an excersise partner to go with that keeps you on line and one that you can challenge you during the weeks.

My step-daughter is up for the summer and although she wants to loose like 20 lbs and I want to loose 60+ lbs we excersise as a team which is nice. We bike around my neighborhood (which is an island here in Vermont) and the first time we did it we sort of had no plan just the two of us, and some water. When we got back home we realized it was an hour later and we had ridden 4,8 miles. (ouch but so rewarding)

My goal is at least a lb a week and I only weigh myself on Mondays so today will be the tell all if it is working at all. so wish me luck on that one.

I have had others ask why I want to loose weight and although there is part of me that says to turn my husbands head, the biggest part of it is that I have watched ladies in my family be ruled by their weight and as they get older their health has had to pay the price for the over eating and lack of physical excersise. I don't want that to be me. I would like to feel good about the person in the mirror for a change and this makes me feel good when i can get the physical down I figure the eating right will follow suit.

My biggest challenge is taking my inability in the kitchen and turning it into a plus. Any suggestions would be great and always welcome.

Please feel free to add me as a friend because as we all know those that excersie together win together. :)

Katrina

Replies

• themetra
    themetra Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    A workout partner makes a huge difference, as well as a great support team. If you stick to it and be positive, you'll do great! Best of luck on your journey!
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Welcome and goodluck on your journey.....Working out with someone else is a great motivation for alot of people.....keep going strong and you will see awesome results