Fast Food - NSV

Options
OzJester13
OzJester13 Posts: 19 Member
This has to be the best feeling I have had.

The other night was a typical casualty of time affair, kids all over the place with sport , work , homework etc... I was running late form work, and my wife had a meeting.

How to feed 3 hungry kids (2 x teenagers) with no time ... take-away / fast food right - well sort of.

We have been talking to the kids about or choices to loose weight, get healthy and make smarter food choices... so when asked what they wanted for dinner - all thee with a resounding and unanimous 'Subway'. Now granted there are some not so smart choices that Subway has to offer.. but all three kids had a 6" HEALTHY choice, not cookies or soft drink (soda).

Made my night a lot easier and also my choice of Subway Wrap was welcome change to having to prepare food after a nightmare day :)

Replies

• jenkidney
    jenkidney Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Isn't it great when our kids make good choices? When we go out for fast food, my sons (5 and 10) almost always choose the fruit and milk for their side/drink. At restaurants, they almost always opt for the vegetable side for their entree rather than the starches. I've never told them that they have to order that way; they just do. Makes me a proud mom to see them making healthy choices!
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Very good NSV!
    You are setting a great example for your children and teaching them about making healthier choices. Congrats!
  • casy84
    casy84 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I discovered Subway recently(it's pretty new in my country) and now it's the only fast food I ever visit + Nord See sometimes.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    YUM!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!