Sunglasses for runing?

Options
I am just wondering if anyone can recommend some good sunglasses for when i go running? My normal ones fall off when i run, so i am guessing there are special 'running sunglasses' that dont fall off?
I need them to be as cheap as possible, as i am a bit strapped for cash at the moment!

Replies

• MattySparky
    MattySparky Posts: 771
    Options
    just buy a cheap pair of outdoor safety glasses. They usually fit snug around the head and ears and sit off the face a bit so your sweat shouldn't run down the inside of the lenses.
  • Junisahn
    Junisahn Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'm a ball cap kinda girl, which seems to work great and holds my hair back at the same time!
  • aunienue
    aunienue Posts: 416
    Options
    Interesting question....I wear sunglasses almost all the time, whether the sun is shining or not - can't stand the brightness. I have never been able to wear them running though. They seem to steam up and then I end up carrying them so I have given up.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Good luck with the "cheap as possible" part. Your best bet is to just try them on & shake your head a little. see if they get loose, or try to pick more athletically styled ones.

I am the type who always has to be wearing sun glasses especially to run. I ran my whole college track career with a pair of sunglasses on.
  • misssuperstitious
    Options
    I'd like to revive this topic.... :) I'll be checking out ****'s Sporting Goods tonight in case anyone likes one brand better than the other, let me know please!
  • ruddyrunner
    Options
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00470OXMU

Those are the ones I use, no problems with them. Definitely cheap, $10, but they work for me.
  • johnwhitent
    johnwhitent Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    If you like your sunglasses you can get a retainer made for boating and use it with your current pair. I have several of them from white water rafting/kayaking and such. They come in every imaginable color and style. Some are too loose but others are designed to fit snug – they should be perfect.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I got mine at a bike shop for cycling, never had any problems other then them steaming up. I use a product called "Cat Crap" to keep them from fogging when it's cold and I sweat. Mine weren't expensive, $40 I think, but the key is they are firm fitting, not too tight and won't shatter or break if they fall.