Weight Gain...

Options
Ok, so if you look at my food diary, I obviously had a HORRIBLE weekend. :blushing: I had a party Saturday night and I went overboard on the foods that I ate and then I didn't do much better yesterday. My question is this, I weighed myself this morning to see what the damage was and it said I had gained 3.3lbs!!:noway: :sad: Is it really that I gained 3.3lbs or is that mainly water weight that will come off pretty quickly? I didn't drink much water this weekend either which I know is a huge no, no. Anyway, please let me know what y'all think!:drinker:

Replies

• kittyhorn
    kittyhorn Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I think 3.3lbs is an awful lot to gain and for it not to be water related. That being said....after a fun weekend of eating and drink I will water myself for a day. So I usually drink 2-32oz bottles of water a day and on a watering day I'll add a 3rd bottle. It usually helps take away the water weight.
  • Junisahn
    Junisahn Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I did that last weekend. Monday morning, I had gained 3 lbs! I got back on track on Monday and by Tuesday was only up 1.5 lbs. By Wednesday, I was only up 1 lb. By Thursday, I was back to my pre-weekend weight, and by Saturday, I was down 2 more lbs! Of course, that was also a "fake" weight, and I was back up those 2 on Sunday. Haven't weighed in yet this morning...

Ahh... the drama of weighing yourself daily!!! :D

It's probably water weight from sodium, PLUS just the food still being in your body. It may actually serve to rev up your metabolism for this week and if you stay on track this week, you might see a bigger loss than usual by the end of the week!
  • cbullock115
    cbullock115 Posts: 110
    Options
    I did that last weekend. Monday morning, I had gained 3 lbs! I got back on track on Monday and by Tuesday was only up 1.5 lbs. By Wednesday, I was only up 1 lb. By Thursday, I was back to my pre-weekend weight, and by Saturday, I was down 2 more lbs! Of course, that was also a "fake" weight, and I was back up those 2 on Sunday. Haven't weighed in yet this morning...

Ahh... the drama of weighing yourself daily!!! :D

It's probably water weight from sodium, PLUS just the food still being in your body. It may actually serve to rev up your metabolism for this week and if you stay on track this week, you might see a bigger loss than usual by the end of the week!

Oh my, I could only hope for it to rev up the metabolism...I felt just horrible after eating all that this weekend too! I can't believe that I used to eat like that on a daily basis!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    To gain 3.3 pounds in 2 days you would have had to consume 11,550 more calories than your maintenance calories. so most likely 2-3 pounds is water/food weight.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    oops double post
  • cbullock115
    cbullock115 Posts: 110
    Options
    To gain 3.3 pounds in 2 days you would have had to consume 11,550 more calories than your maintenance calories. so most likely 2-3 pounds is water/food weight.

I know I ate a lot, but I didn't eat that much so that makes me feel a little better because I know I can push the water today and I should lose most of that in a day or so! YAY, I know better now though, I still feel pretty bad and kind of nauseated!
  • paulaswrld
    paulaswrld Posts: 49
    Options
    I NEEDED to see this post this morning to ease my own mind. For the first time in 4 months, I splurged yesterday. It was a birthday party. I did well portioning my foods and eating in moderation but then came the cake. AND COOKIES! And I won't lie, someone made a truffle that was to die for! I immediately felt the sugar overload. I drank tons of water to help ease the leftover sugariness in my mouth. But, this morning the scale told the truth when I was up 2. I'll hit the gym today like usual. But, so glad to read this post to see that I'm not alone and the feedback from others is reassuring that those lbs aren't going to stick around.

Man, I have worked so incredibly hard for 4 months and thought I'd do ok with just one cheat day. I'll NEVER go that crazy again. I should have been happy with just the cake. Lesson Learned.