Back, again. Can we be friends? :)

Options
Hi guys,

Got to be honest - I have been here before - twice.

Dieted hard, lost weight and stopped using MFP. Then put it all back on again. This time rather than dieting I am just trying to be sensible. Historically I have aimed to lose 2lbs per week which means quite drastic restrictions of calories. Now I have set my weight loss to 1lb per week with no "goal date". I just want to continue it till I am happy!

Really looking for mutual support - maybe even from people I've had as friends before? Also new people are very welcome!

Do my best to offer support and advice.

Replies

• dani_1977
    dani_1977 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I think most of can say we have been there done that... its just important that you learn from your mistakes. Welcome back!!
  • stuj019
    stuj019 Posts: 28
    Options
    I have opted for two pound per week but think I maybe should have started at one pound , I will continue for a month on this setting but might drop to a one pound goal per week after that .
    Good luck anyway mate.
  • sjr1016a
    sjr1016a Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    You are not alone as far as been there done that...:smile: Sending you a FR now. :smile:
  • niamho1980
    Options
    How do you guys find this site?? I'm a weight watchers junkie!!!!.... Managed to lose 3.5 stone there but left it a year ago so need to get back in action said I'd give this a go :D Any advice would be great :)
  • nightdragon70
    nightdragon70 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    This is my 3rd time around with major weight loss, but first time using this site. Feel free to add me !
  • chubbard9
    chubbard9 Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    This is my second go-around as well! And I am in great need of friends on here too! Adding you now and good luck to you! :)
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    How do you guys find this site?? I'm a weight watchers junkie!!!!.... Managed to lose 3.5 stone there but left it a year ago so need to get back in action said I'd give this a go :D Any advice would be great :)

I find this site very helpful. It's user friendly, customizable, informational and the support from other members is amazing. I've used Spark People and Jillian Michaels' websites and have had more success using MFP. JM's website was a great starter for me but MFP has a more social element and I enjoy connecting with people, especially ones that will help to hold me accountable. I've never done Weight Watchers but know many people who have had success with it. Their methods aren't for me. I think it's more about what fits your style.
  • kevinjb1
    kevinjb1 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I have found that I go through hungrier periods and some times when I have to make myself eat enough calories. I try to adjust my weight loss setting accordingly. Currently I'm on 1.5/ week becuase I'm hungry all the time!

I plan on keeping up with MFP even after I reach my target weight because I have a problem with portion control and I love to eat out. As long as you stay committed you can get off the roller coaster, or at least I hope so!

Feel free to add me.
  • nightengale7
    nightengale7 Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I love making new friends, especially when those friends have experienced diet fail like me :happy:
  • MstarsElizabeth
    MstarsElizabeth Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I've been "back again" more times than I can count! Take it slow, and don't judge yourself too harshly. I set a goal for being under my calorie goal for 100 days straight just to see if I can do it! we'll see!
  • basillowe66
    basillowe66 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I think the BIG thing is not to think of it as a diet but a LIFE CHANGING. Do away with the things that you know are bad, fast foods, desserts etc. Try to get yourself to a max calorie count each day that you can live with. 1200 is a good limit and 80 grams of protein. My personal belief is you really go hard at it for 2,3,or 4 weeks and then reward yourself just slightly, with one of your favorite foods.
    Remember it is a life change thing you are doing and ocasionally you are going to cheat, just do it very slightly and then get back on track.
    Increase your activity to burn calories.
    Add me to your friends list. I am on daily and try to be a help.

Basil
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    Life got in the way for me... I'm back again to take off the excess baggage - clearing the mental baggage and need to work on the physical. Good luck on your new journey.
  • donrdon
    donrdon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    It's great that you've returned. I've been on the site for a while now. I think that your approach this time will help in sustaining the drive to succeed in your ultimate goals. If you're looking for support or just some daily contact you can add me.
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    This is my second time on here, too.

If you did it the first time, you can do it again.

I'm here for you and anyone who needs that extra push

-Jen
  • Heevenlee83
    Options
    feel free to add me and anyone can
  • kerryradz
    kerryradz Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi I did the same around this time last year, restricted myself to 1200 cals p/day as guided by MFP which I now know you CANNOT live a happy and healthy lifestyle doing this. I've recently put on loads of weight due to just enjoying my food far too much and not paying attention to what I was eating. I've recently joined MFP again to lose some weight at a STEADY PACE and just to generally feel better about myself and lead a healthier lifestyle....this time round it's going okay so far so finger crossed I can keep it up :-) Good luck to you!!!
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    I don't know..
    What if you leave again, and break my heart?
  • FerryfieldLad
    FerryfieldLad Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Thanks to you all - was overwhelmed by the amount of friend requests I got. Sitting here more motivated than ever!!! :happy:
  • geoffers12
    geoffers12 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    ya man its time to do work! add me
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Welcome back !!! I Love the new attitude Slow and steady wins the race, and yes its a New Life, not a diet! I'd love to help you keep that long term motivation.

Feel free to add me, and the same with anyone else. :)

Today is a new day, lets make it a good one.