How You use egg yolks?

Options
puuka
puuka Posts: 39 Member
I used to make meals with whole eggs (scrambled eggs, cakes etc.). Now I started to make healthier choices (I hope so) and make scrambled eggs using egg whites. The question is - what do You do with egg yolks? Are there anything healthy? I don't want to throw out it! :)

Replies

• justaspoonfulofsugar
    justaspoonfulofsugar Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    eggs are healthy so I wouldn't be separating them at all.
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I used to make meals with whole eggs (scrambled eggs, cakes etc.). Now I started to make healthier choices (I hope so) and make scrambled eggs using egg whites. The question is - what do You do with egg yolks? Are there anything healthy? I don't want to throw out it! :)

Why is not eating the egg yolk 'a healthier choice'?

If you insist on just the whites, buy a carton of liquid egg whites. Problem solved.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    USE THE WHOLE EGG
  • m4ttcheek
    m4ttcheek Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    You're confused between low calorie and healthy. All of the goodness in an egg is in the yolk, the white is just a little bit of protein.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    If you want to trim calories, trim them elsewhere, the yolk is healthy and holds all the nutrients. Don't think that healthy and low calorie are the same thing. The whites are low cal, true, but have very little other goodness, they are just filler.
  • SamanthaClarexo
    SamanthaClarexo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    USE THE WHOLE EGG

Yep. Eat it! Omelettes with lots of chicken and veg is one of my favourites
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    USE THE WHOLE EGG

using just the yolk is the UNHEALTHIER option, it's ridiculous. Look up where all the good nutrients from the egg comes from - the yolk.

but now you want to take them, out, not waste them, and do something with them?
  • drop_it_like_a_squat
    drop_it_like_a_squat Posts: 377 Member
    Options

Whattt omelettes with chicken; why haven't I tried that before?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

Chicken and asparagus makes awesome omelette, so does chicken spinach and feta. You can make a kickass chicken Spanish omelette too.
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options

:smokin: :love: :love: :love: :flowerforyou:
    love your profile name. I should have thought of that lol.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,702 Member
    Options
    Caesar salad dressing, lemon curd, mayonnaise (okay, not diet friendly).

There was another thread on this--a lot of people fed their cats and dogs the yolks.
  • brit_ks_89
    brit_ks_89 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    um i like use 1 or 2 yolks and 4-6 egg whites to make scramble eggs / omelet
  • SamanthaClarexo
    SamanthaClarexo Posts: 353 Member
    Options

Chicken and asparagus makes awesome omelette, so does chicken spinach and feta. You can make a kickass chicken Spanish omelette too.

Oh yes chicken spanish omelettes :heart:
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I'm so confused. You said you were making healthier choices, but then you said you stopped eating the healthiest part of the egg...

Why eat the egg at all if you don't eat the yolk? The white is just a few grams of protein, and pretty much void of all other nutrition. Meanwhile the yolks have all the vitamins, minerals, and healthy fats, plus about half the protein usually found in an egg.
  • SquidgySquidge
    SquidgySquidge Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Ah no it's such a waste of food

:mad: :mad: :mad: *** FOR GODS SAKE PEOPLE - EAT THE DAMNED EGG YOLKS!!! *** :mad: :mad: :mad:

They're so delicious! OK they might be high cal/fat but seriously, they're not bad for you.
    I hate waste so please, just eat the whole thing.

ETA - I know you're looking for ways to use them OP so you're clearly not being too wasteful - not shouting at you personally :laugh:
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I eat the whole egg. It's to much of a waste not to.

If you aren't going to eat it, you can use it as a hair mask, make curd, or mayo with it.

If you have a dog you can heat it up a bit and give it to them over their food, great for their coat. But seriously, just eat the whole egg. You are tossing out the most nutritious part of the egg.
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    They are young, they are tender, they are nice, yes they are. Eat them, eat them!
  • 294Rich
    294Rich Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    No one ever got fat from eating egg yolks. Full of nutrition. Taste good. Why would anyone remove them? Crazy!
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options

^^^^ this

actually I have seen chicken tikka omelet before, at the time I though it was crazy. Now I'm wondering what I missed out on :sad:
  • 294Rich
    294Rich Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I had an omelette with chicken the other day, and as I was eating it, I was wondering, which came first?