2 cooked meals a day, confused, help?

Options
2»

Replies

• emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Yep.

http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2012-11-26/national/35510270_1_vegan-diet-big-brains-brain-size

That's just the first link in a google search for "big brains cook food".

Wouldn't know it by all the nonsensical, pseudoscientific diets going around right now, but we evolved eating meat - and cooking food (so we weren't as confined to seasonal availability).

This is all down to that Wrangham dude.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Cook all 3 meals if you want, it's how you cook them that really counts. Don't use too much butter or fatty oils, don't fry foods, etc. Breakfast doesn't have to mean the sterotypical breakfast foods either, have chicken breast for breakfast if you want!. Eat healthy foods for breakfast, no matter what they are.
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Ah, well just to play devils advocate against my own point, a raw diet can make sense for some people, because it makes it so hard to eat too many calories.

Also in general, those who follow some kind of diet, any kind, tend to control their food intake and not eat mindlessly.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    That's ridiculous. If anything, if you cook 3 times a day, you're more likely to eat non processed foods 3 times a day.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    So after my major binging week and feeling really really depressed my mum sat down with me to work out an eating plan

I suggested an omelette for breakfast but she said she didnt think two cooked a meals a day would help with weightloss, it would keep me from losing. However, i though eggs were high in protein and therefore a good healthy breakfast and then i would have a yoghurt and fruit for lunch and a well balanced cooked meal for dinner

Mum suggested fruit and yoghurt for breakfast, a smoothie and fruit for lunch and a cooked balanced dinner

what do you think is the best option?

your mum (i love this word mum) is old school. your omelet idea is great and so is the rest of your day's meal plan (i would make sure your yogurt is something high in protein like greek yogurt) and maybe add some cold veggies with a bit of peanut butter (if you're not allergic) as a snack.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    it doesnt matter it matters about the calories
    dont eat eggs everyday though
    cereal, yogurt, toast, fruit
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options

I suggested an omelette for breakfast but she said she didnt think two cooked a meals a day would help with weightloss, it would keep me from losing. However, i though eggs were high in protein and therefore a good healthy breakfast and then i would have a yoghurt and fruit for lunch and a well balanced cooked meal for dinner

Are you doing the cooking for is mum? If you're cooking then I don't see an issue. If you want mum to cook it than I can see why she might suggest cold food. But really other than that I don't see why it would make a difference. Eggs are a great source of protein - toss in a bunch of veggies and Bam - great breakfast!
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is just the laws of physics.

Eat more calories than you use, and you will gain.

Eat less, and you will lose.

stop lying with your witchcraft and wizardry. this isnt hogwarts
  • erinlibke
    erinlibke Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I think your omelet sounds like the better option. Fruit and yogurt for breakfast then fruit and a shake for lunch would contain a lot of sugar which could cause a mid morning or afternoon crash then you will be hungry for anything near by. I would replace either breakfast or lunch with a 2 egg omelet with some lean ham or turkey bacon and loads of veggies (onion, peppers, mushroom and spinach are my fav) with a bit of low fat cheese. This keeps me full for hours