Major turning point!

Options
So I just wanted to share I came to a really big realization sunday morning. This could get kinda confusing so just stay with me please! lol

Long story short my mom called and ask me a question sunday morning and my hubby got kind of annoyed. He asked me why my mom and I always felt the need to ask 50 million times if something was ok. I had never really thought much about it but it dawned on me that we do that because we don't want people to get mad at us or not like us.

From this I realized that I have a horrible fear of being left and being alone (in the sense that I won't have anyone to love me), I finally realized that everytime I have tried to lose weight before it wasn't because I wanted to be happy with myself it was because I wanted to make others happy so they would love me and not leave. It wasn't about being good enough for me or being healthy it was about being good enough for other people.

So bottom line I have a wonderful husband who loves me if I am fat, skinny or somewhere in between and the only thing I need to worry about is being happy with myself, and I want to be healthy so that I can take care of my family the best that I can.

If you got through all that and understood it you are a saint and thanks for reading!

Replies

• blondskyeyes
    blondskyeyes Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I completely understand. I believe there are more of us out there that feel the same way but either have not come to the realization yet or are too afraid to admit it.
  • ZekeandKyliesMom
    ZekeandKyliesMom Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I agree! It was kind of funny though because I just started talking to my hubby and explaining all this stuff and when I was done it was just kinda like Wow where did that come from! lol
  • pamw22
    pamw22 Posts: 77
    Options
    I totally understand but you know in the long run this is better for YOU! and dont worry about doing stuff so people can love you, if someone loves you they will love you NO MATTER WHAT!! :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Great realization! :flowerforyou: