weight loss stopped

Options
I've been so good, staying in my calorie range and exercising. I was losing every week & now the scale won't move. I don't know what to do. Any suggestions? I am very frustrated because I am not seeing results and I'm trying so hard. I lost 12 lbs in 7 weeks but feel I should still be losing weight on a weekly bases because i have a long way to go.

Replies

• prium01
    prium01 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    You have not mentioned anything about your goals.How many calories you are consuming? What is your calorie goal as per your TDEE.First few weeks of exercising and eating right, body tries to lose water weight, after that fat loss starts.You need to keep patience.Weight loss is not liner...You might lose one week and the other week week your wont...This is a lifestyle change and just not weight loss.Also scale lies so start taking measurements if you haven't to check your progress.It helps a lot.It better to keep going and see how you progress...
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    You have a completely private profile, so there is no way to know the "why." I will say you should be very careful about calculating your TDEE and adjusting it as necessary, that you should be weighing and measuring all of your food, that you should be exercising, and that you should be patient as weight loss is not linear.
  • jc4mee
    jc4mee Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I agree with Prium. Sometimes you just have to keep going even if you don't see the results on the scale. How many calories are you eating and how many calories are you burning daily? As you lose weight, your calorie needs do decrease. Check your sodium intake, if you are eating too much salt you could be retaining water.

It would be so nice if you could see the results each time you weigh, but unfortunately it doesn't always work that way. You may go a few weeks with no loss and then lose 2 or 3 pounds in a week. Don't give up - persistence pays!!