anyone heard using sweetners (splenda) instead of real sugar

Options
2»

Replies

• Thinwithin2010
    Thinwithin2010 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    A friend told me about this years ago and I didnt listen. Google- Splenda - look thru some of the websites and read how bad it really is.. I was shocked myself but as an artificial sweetner junkie I now have been using it sparingly. I will soon be off of it and I already have learned the more I used it the more I craved sweet stuff.. With my life change and gettting rid of this stuff I feel I am not so down and out, I have more energy and no brain fog.. My taste seems better as I feel I can really taste what foods should taste like and I like them.. Wishing the best to all!
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    In response to kids drinking diet sodas--of course diet is "better" it isn't high calorie. The thing they are missing though is that it is making them crave more sweets--I always have after drinking sodas. It is also replacing the milk they would be drinking and water. Calcium and flouride that is needed to have strong teeth and bones. I struggle feeding my kids well, because I sometimes struggle eating well--the one thing I am good at though is giving my kids milk and water. They have no cavities. Imagine that. :laugh:

I feel a bit strong about it too. We have crystal light and sodas but only on occasion--as a treat instead of a staple.