Snack Ideas?

Options
wmphimu
wmphimu Posts: 77 Member
Can anyone share your favorite snacks? I'm in a rut, and I need to try new things! I like carb-y snacks - like pretzels and popcorn - but I want to try new things! THANKS for the ideas & inspiration!

Replies

• fattyfoodie
    fattyfoodie Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    A couple of boiled eggs and a string cheese.

Almonds and an apple.

Sunflower seeds, capers, and olives on cottage cheese.
  • erinalysa14
    Options
    I've recently become addicted to sweet roasted red pepper hummus. I spread it on Wasa crackers.
  • drop_it_like_a_squat
    drop_it_like_a_squat Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Rice crackers, fruits, veggie sticks w/ hummus or cottage cheese, soy yogurt w/ honey, apple w/ PB, eggs, ...
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    boiled eggs
    greek yogurt
    almonds
    pistachios
    carrots
    peanut butter
  • SPeffer1
    SPeffer1 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Some of my personal favorites:

Greek yogurt with fruit
    Almonds and a piece of fruit
    Carrotts with laughing cow cheese wedge (sometimes I add salsa too)
    Peanut butter and apple
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    A slice of proscuitto wrapped around a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese, a sliced apple and 2T of PB to dip it in, hummus and pita chips, a banana with PB or Nutella spread on it (or baked with mini marshmallows and chocolate chips), sliced mushrooms dipped in a little bit of ranch dressing, Emerald sweet & salty mixed nuts, protein shake, fruit and dip (strawberry cream cheese mixed with cool whip and little bit of marshmallow fluff - pretty low cal and so yummy!).
  • Besa27
    Besa27 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I LOVE granny apple with peanut butter :))))))
  • christied829
    Options
    cut veggies with Marzetti Greek yogurt veggie dip
    apple w/ PB
    almonds
    cottage cheese w/ fruit
    greek yogurt with fruit
  • kalamitykate83
    kalamitykate83 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I've started having two boiled eggs a day as snacks ... I bring them already hard boiled in to work with me. I find them really filling, and they're a good sauce of protein! Also carrot sticks with houmous is a good one!
  • strickland8052
    strickland8052 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Habenero flavored almonds with either an apple, yogurt, or string cheese. mmmmmmmmmmm...........
  • MotivatedMich
    MotivatedMich Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I love roasted red pepper hummus with celery! So delish! I need an intervention!
  • robingoblin
    robingoblin Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    - I'm obsessed with bell peppers and carrots! My favorite snack involves dipping strips of yellow bell pepper into guacamole (wholly guacamole packets = only 100 calories) and/or french onion laughing cow wedges (35 cal each).
    - Also, only a couple of tortilla chips with lots of salsa! (hint of lime chips + pineapple salsa is awesome) salsa is so tasty but only around 15 calories per serving.
    - Ants on a log! celery, either whipped cream cheese or peanut butter, and raisins on top
    - String cheese!
    - 25 calorie Edy's Outshine popsicles. mmm :)
  • niqueMorbius
    Options
    I pair nuts with fruits, like Cashews (or almonds) with raisins, Humus with pita chips, Cottage Cheese Doubles, Cutie Oranges with string cheese.. yummy
  • Armyantzzz
    Armyantzzz Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    This is my fav. snack : Cheerios,shredded wheat,unsalted pretzels,reduced fat cheetos,pecans,walnuts and dry roasted peanuts mix.:smile::wink: :smile: It's a great snack , one handful keeps me going for quite a while. You have to be careful not to get carried away with this one. My backup snack is just shredded wheat and cheerios mix.:tongue:
  • dizzzy33
    dizzzy33 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Veggies dipped in Roasted Red Pepper Hummus.
  • JaneInKansas
    JaneInKansas Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later~
  • jecky74
    jecky74 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I like garlic hummus and pretzels, I almost feel like I'm eating chips and dip!
  • wmphimu
    wmphimu Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas! I went with an apple dipped in peanut butter today - man, that was delicious. Probably more calories than I should have had for a snack, but they were healthy calories :)
  • MyPureSteez
    MyPureSteez Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Baby carrots
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Fiber One bars are great.