Headbands?

Options
thendrick
thendrick Posts: 102 Member
I think I need one. I've been sweating so much working out that the sweat gets in my eyes and burns.
But all I can think of are those fuzzy 70s bands. Ew!
Do they have something a little 'cooler' on the market now?

Replies

• dclarsh1
    dclarsh1 Posts: 83
    Options
    You could always try putting a little vaseline above your eyebrows. It's pretty effective at repelling sweat, and will make it run down the side of your face instead of in your eyes. It will make your forehead shiny, but it looks less dorky than a fuzzy 80's sweatband.
  • rcatr
    rcatr Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    haha...fuzzy 70's bands...all i can think of is Olivia Newton John "Let's get Physical" :laugh:

I'm a big fan of Lululemon's headbands. i have the Dance headband which is $9 and the Slipless which is $12. Little pricey for a headband but it works and makes me feel cuter when I'm sweating like an animal during my run
  • missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    there are runners' hats as well that are made with wicking fabric and have a built in sweat-band.
  • themetra
    themetra Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    OMG - Check out sweatnstyle.com, these headbands are awesome, and they don't slip because they the backing are velour lined! They're made for sports, and they're wicked cute!!
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Or you can get a wide cloth band, like the ones you wear like a regular hairband. I use one to keep my growing bangs out of my face. Its pretty effective. No 70's fuzz whatsoever. :laugh:
  • xTattooedDollx
    xTattooedDollx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Maybe its my big head :sad: but they always slip off on me. For the record, I dig the fuzzies! 70's & 80's are back!
  • jerren
    jerren Posts: 196
    Options
    i know you were just joking but , would you rather have sweat in your eyes or a fuzzy head band? i wear a head band, its a Jordan one. Its not fuzzy by any means. And it keeps sweat out of my eyes as it should. I don't wear it to make any fashion statements.

Ninja Edit: LoL, i just remembered I'm wearing one in my profile pic. I tend to (used to when i was bigger at least) sweat a lot during my photo shoots. I could have wasted a lot of time wiping sweat off my head constantly and off my camera, or I could wear a head band.
  • cathcakey
    cathcakey Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I don't know if they have this brand in America but I always wear these ones by Sweaty Betty - really comfortable and keeps all the sweat off your face
    http://www.sweatybetty.com/shop-by-department/sweat/accessories/headband.asp
  • thendrick
    Options
    i know you were just joking but , would you rather have sweat in your eyes or a fuzzy head band? i wear a head band, its a Jordan one. Its not fuzzy by any means. And it keeps sweat out of my eyes as it should. I don't wear it to make any fashion statements.

Ninja Edit: LoL, i just remembered I'm wearing one in my profile pic. I tend to (used to when i was bigger at least) sweat a lot during my photo shoots. I could have wasted a lot of time wiping sweat off my head constantly and off my camera, or I could wear a head band.
    Totally joking!!! I work out at home so there is no one to impress! lol
    That said, I read in a magazine recently that wearing cute work out clothes may help motivate some people to keep at it.
    I'll check out the sites suggested!
  • thendrick
    Options
    OMG - Check out sweatnstyle.com, these headbands are awesome, and they don't slip because they the backing are velour lined! They're made for sports, and they're wicked cute!!

Ooooh! Those are cute!!!!
  • thatgirlpdx
    thatgirlpdx Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just use a bandana and tie it over my head like a do-rag. Works great, looks cool and only costs about $3
  • steve2375
    steve2375 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I just recently found the "bondi band." They have bands and headgear for men, women, kids, and even dogs! You can even personalize your band...

Here is the site:
    http://www.bondiband.com/
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    I checked out sweatnstyle.com as recommended above but that’s pretty much the same thing I already have (albeit not as patterned) from Dollarama. I’ll stick with my $1 band, check out a dollar store in your area.

The bondi bands also mentioned above at least come in regular colours which is nice. They look really, really wide though. Perhaps it’s not what I need but if it helps you – great!

I workout at home so I don’t need something very cute and I use it mainly to keep my hair from falling down from my ponytail. I have a towel near by when I really get hot. I should probably actually get some of those “bra-strap” type headbands, I bet my hair would stay in place great with those.

Not "needing" something cute may be true but I definitely agree. Working out in something other than old t-shirts can be more motivating. After 3 years working out in old shirts, I bought a few black sports bras ($1) bright tanks ($3) and yoga pants $10) mainly from stitches. So cute looking and not nearly as costly as the brand name stuff.
  • FitnessApparel
    Options
    I like the headbands from Impact Fitness. they are not as expensive as Lulu Lemons.
    http://www.impactfitnesswear.com/accessories/headbands-sashes