Any Sport Bike Riders out there???!?!?

Options
Katiemarie4488
Katiemarie4488 Posts: 242 Member
:glasses: I rode my GSXR-750 to work today....... FELT GREAT!!! :smokin: :laugh: :wink:

Ever feel like you burn calories riding? Sometimes after a few hours of riding.... Im beat! Tired and Hungry... lol

Replies

• jen10st
    jen10st Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I'm a new biker on a 125 suzuki marauder. But doing my cbt on a sportier bike and maneuvering it around for two days solid left every muscle in my body aching. I'm sure riding does burn calories but how many is a mystery lol
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    I had a 2009 Buell XB12Ss. Loved the bike dearly. But I was compelled to sell it. Degenerative osteoarthritis in my tail bone made it very hard to ride more than 30 minutes without pain. Seat on sport bikes is too narrow to customize enough to accommodate.
    I'll buy a Victory cruiser in the future. Or maybe the Erik Beull Racing 1190AX when it comes out.

Here is a video clip after doing an exhaust modifaction.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIOmFY2tKmE&feature=share&list=UUIb-frjkLyyGzr_VKnnkj5Q
  • LetsTryThisAgain54
    LetsTryThisAgain54 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I don't have a sport bike, but I ride a big cruiser. You are so lucky to have taken the bike to work! It's now 42 degrees here in NJ!!! I will definitely ride to work tomorrow. It's finally going to hit 70! :) Enjoy the ride home and safe riding. :)
  • Rottnme
    Rottnme Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I do I do!!!

Depending on how you ride, riding can burn quite a few calories and can also be extremely mentally taxing. One amazing thing I have learned over the years is that wearing earplugs under my helmet saves me from a TON of mental fatigue. There is a lot of BS hype that helmets or earplugs make riding more dangerous, it's BS. Don't believe me? ...just try it and find out for yourself, I don't go anywhere without them now. After a long day of riding I am comparatively FAR less tired due to the fact that my brain isn't trying to filter all of that constant noise.

As for the hungry, I get that too. I feel that I'm actually lucky to have a small enough tank that I'm required to stop for fuel every two to three hours. These stops allow me to refuel not only the bike but myself. I typically take in a bottle of water and a snack, stritch or wlak a little, and offf I go again.
  • jen10st
    jen10st Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I don't have a sport bike, but I ride a big cruiser. You are so lucky to have taken the bike to work! It's now 42 degrees here in NJ!!! I will definitely ride to work tomorrow. It's finally going to hit 70! :) Enjoy the ride home and safe riding. :)
    Try living in the uk I went out for a ride on Sunday in thick horrible drizzling rain and 9 degrees C and have been riding pillion throughout most of the winter. There's no such thing as bad weather only the wrong clothing. Layer up and get out and ride :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    I'm on a Ducati Monster 750. It's in my profile.

I've been riding to work some and it's awesome. Hopefully I'll get some good rides in soon. I take a lot of adventure and backroad rides here in the mountains.

As far as the calories go, I KNOW when riding hard (knee dragging pace) you've got to burn some.

JM
  • wolfpack77
    wolfpack77 Posts: 655
    Options
    maybe once and a while :bigsmile:

34nh45e.jpg
  • Katiemarie4488
    Options

It was only 43 this morning in Buffalo NY :P But the sun was shining and the roads ARE FINALY Clear from all the salt used to melt the ice.... It wasnt that chilly to be honest.

Its supposed to get up into the 60's this afternoon which will make for a much warmer ride home!

Hope everyone has a GREAT day!!! :)
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    Yea, I don't mind the chilly mornings, because there is usually a wonderful afternoon! We've still got some sand hanging around on a few of the backroads but it's not a big problem.

JM
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    I have a Honda VT-65 1100. I tried to nurse the battery through the winter, but I need a new one. :( This weekend, it's happening for sure.
  • Bigmitch41
    Bigmitch41 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Yep, Well race bikes to be exact. I race at UK circuits and the ultimate road race circuit on the IOM Mountain Course, the TT Circuit here on the Isle of Man, my home :smokin:

Ive got a Yamaha R6 & a Suzuki SV650 Supertwin :wink:
  • Citrislazer
    Citrislazer Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I don't ride sport bike yet, but I will. I'm learning to ride right now on a dirt bike, though I haven't got on it since last summer. There's still snow on the ground here.

Yes, you are getting strength workout when you ride! I've read the average rider will burn between 140-200 calories an hour. Obviously, if you ride more aggressively, you'll burn more calories. :bigsmile: Bikers on average will also have stronger leg/knee joints due to riding habits.

However, passengers don't burn any extra calories like the driver, unless they have to hang on for dear life.
  • Katiemarie4488
    Options
    However, passengers don't burn any extra calories like the driver, unless they have to hang on for dear life.

hahahaha ;)
  • Rottnme
    Rottnme Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    and the ultimate road race circuit on the IOM Mountain Course, the TT Circuit here on the Isle of Man, my home

I hate you! Ilove you! I hate you! I love you! I hate you! I.....

...so confused! AHHHH!!!!!