Any advice for a wine girl...

Options
2»

Replies

• cymills
    cymills Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I love this comment..."If I cut out wine totally just to loose the weight, I know that will not be a decision I can live with forever. I have to make choices that I know I can keep long term. "

When you deprieve your whole self - body , and mind of something you love you are more likely to "binge" . Your weight loss may slow down, depending on how often you have a glass or two. Then again - it may not.
    You need to decide what you want to do - for you. If it makes you happy - go for it! BTW - do you know steess can screw up your metabolism as well. perhaps more than that occasional glass of wine ....:laugh:
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    I have found - and maybe this is just me - that when I am in a cut or loss mode, I have to remove alcohol completely (esp. beer!) to continue steady weight loss. When I decide I'm at maintenance or acceptable weight, moderate consumption is okay (i.e. 1-3 drinks per week, typ. dry red wine for me).
  • ifeelgreat
    ifeelgreat Posts: 12
    Options
    I love red wine too, but have substituted a weeknight glass of wine for a variety of green tea (Ginger Green tea is my favorite). Diet cranberry Juice (sweetened with Splenda) makes a great low calorie substitution for a "drink" with dinner. I have a glass or two of red wine on the weekend, but I always "earn it " with more exercise.