Body Cycle (Crazy One)

trejon
trejon Posts: 203
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Every Monday my weight goes up 2-7 pounds on the scale! Now the weight will be back down by Wednesday with a couple pounds lost. I am drinking more than 10 glasses of water a day. Is this common?

Replies

• TracyMReed
    TracyMReed Posts: 4 Member
    If you are consuming excess sodium over the weekend it could be just water weight.
  • louloup
    louloup Posts: 87 Member
    Maybe it means that over the weekend you are having high sodium/salty foods.Even if you are within your calories I believe that these foods make you retain water.

So by wednesday after being maybe more healthy you lose the water weight and see your actual weight loss as well.

Just my opinion as this happens to me if we have a takeaway or I do tacos for tea etc :)
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    I'm usually at my parents on the weekend and consume almost twice as much sodium as I am use to. Come Monday morning I ALWAYS weigh more. It's most likely you retaining water. Very frustrating I know. Gotta love being a woman!
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    You probably should try and watch your salt intake on the weekends...the recommended dose is 1500 mg per day....anything over 2500 is excess....I beleive anything over 2300 is when you start retaining.

weekends are usually hard for everyone...so just watch what you eat

But 2-7 pounds...sounds like you are over indulging on the weekends....

If you are one of those who dont log calories on the weekends you probably should start doing so....you maybe surprised at eh damage you are doing

Goodluck
  • trejon
    trejon Posts: 203
    I shall take a good look at this. Funny but my diet is pretty much the same on the weekend as it is during the week. As of right now I do not have splurge nights. Sodium it is I shall monitor for the next 10 days.
This discussion has been closed.