What happened to my motivation?

Options
I was doing really really well a few weeks ago, then I had a wedding a baby shower my birthday and easter all packed into three weeks, so I got way off track. Now I can't seem to get back on track, I did well yesterday and told myself I would stay in all this week and follow my plan and work out every night, now a friend asked me to go out for a couple drinks, I said no but I can't stop thinking about it. I think I will feel bad if I have a couple glasses of wine but I don't want to be miserable thinking I should've gone out. I know what I should do but I can't seem to make myself do it anymore, I always give in to what I want to do. I used to allow myself a couple cheat days a week to enjoy the things I love to have but I feel like after the three weeks of following no plan and barely exercising that I should be really strict for like two weeks to get things back to where they were. :frown:

Replies

• luvchi3
    luvchi3 Posts: 167
    Options
    I was doing really really well a few weeks ago, then I had a wedding a baby shower my birthday and easter all packed into three weeks, so I got way off track. Now I can't seem to get back on track, I did well yesterday and told myself I would stay in all this week and follow my plan and work out every night, now a friend asked me to go out for a couple drinks, I said no but I can't stop thinking about it. I think I will feel bad if I have a couple glasses of wine but I don't want to be miserable thinking I should've gone out. I know what I should do but I can't seem to make myself do it anymore, I always give in to what I want to do. I used to allow myself a couple cheat days a week to enjoy the things I love to have but I feel like after the three weeks of following no plan and barely exercising that I should be really strict for like two weeks to get things back to where they were. :frown:
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's the "really strict" thing that is hacking you off. :happy: I think, instead of trying to make up for the last 3 weeks - Happy Birthday btw - you should just pick up and go back to what you were doing. If you go out and have a glass of wine - enjoy it. Or have one of the low cal drinks that has been talked about on this board a lot - I think if you enter "alcohol" or "drinks" in the search bar you will find some of the posts. Good luck!!