New, Starting Slow

Options
Hello all:

I am new to this website. Being a busy mom with other busy mom friends, we can't all get together and workout so I have to find cyber support. I hope I can keep up my goals on this site.

A couple of years ago I lost weight and was close to my goal. Bought new smaller clothes and was feeling good. But without the upkeep, I started to get a little pudgy again in certain areas though I still fit my new clothes. The weight is slowly creeping up again and I have been following my cravings instead of my head.

I've seen so many photos of inspiration on Facebook, etc I think I am ready to give the ol' college try again, and hopefully make this healthy leap for life.

My goal is to get to loose at least 30lbs by this time next year.

Replies

• xALEXANDROx
    xALEXANDROx Posts: 3,416 Member
    Options
    you got this..have patience.keep at it.
  • wesleysmom11
    Options
    Welcome!! I'm "new - again" :) Hoping this time is the one that sticks! I too am looking to lose about 30-40 lbs total
  • Hello! You can definitely achieve your goal, and I'll you as much as I can. (:
  • dangerbug71
    dangerbug71 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi im new as well. Im looking for friends to help me stay on track. If u got extra time to help me id be so grateful.
  • JenRunTriHappyGirl
    JenRunTriHappyGirl Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    You can do this! I have 2 little boys and work full time. I have lost a little over 30 pounds in a year. It is possible and you can do this! FR sent!
  • jessupbrady
    jessupbrady Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    You can do it! You mentioned "The weight is slowly creeping up again and I have been following my cravings instead of my head." and this was something I struggled with as well.

One of my favorite quotes is "Just because you can does not mean you should" and I think of that everytime I am looking into what I am going to eat. Just because something is "healthy" doesn't mean you should add it to today's food diary. It might push you over your goals.

There are plenty of great tasting things that are low in calories that can help keep you going and satisfy your cravings.
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    My original goal back in 2011 was to lose 28 lbs to get to 140 by my 40th bday. It was 6 months away at that point. In reality, it took me a full year to lose 30 lbs. But, the changes I made were subtle, slow, and suitable for where I was at the time. If nothing else, I've made permanent changes to my eating and fitness. Take it slow. Be purposeful. You'll get there!!