I'm always hungry!

Options
2»

Replies

• carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    i have to eat two lean cuisines to feel satisfied. I call it Extra Lean Cuisine.
  • SadKitty27
    SadKitty27 Posts: 416 Member
    Options

My problem is, I'm ALWAYS hungry. I know that protein and fiber are an important part in being satiated.

Don't forget the ever important fat component. Good fats when coupled with the above may help you feel full and for longer periods of time.

This ^^^^
  • RandomMiranda
    Options
    I eat the occasional lean cuisine for the convenience, but it doesn't fill me up at all. Plus they are really high in sodium, so they cause water retention. Today I packed lunch, and having multiple items to eat is good psychologically. I see more food, so my brain says I'm more full. And the overall nutrition is better for about the same calories as a lean cuisine. It's not a big deal to have the occasional lean cuisine, but as much as possible try to pack a nutritious lunch and snacks.
  • mistesh
    mistesh Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Lean Cuisine wouldn't sustain a hummingbird. Eat real food!

whatever, i love my lean cuisine!

Haha, of course you do. You're addicted to them!
  • keithf1138
    Options
    Include some Greek Yogurt in your diet. The added Protein is filling.

Also go to work with lots of healthy snacks. Every day I take a mix of the following: Strawberries (6 medium size are only 25 calories), Celery Sticks, Carrot Sticks, Cucumber and 2 clementines (1 for snack about an hour before lunch to push off lunch and another for the ride home.).

Do the same at home have good healthy things to snack on that are low calories. Berries are great and low cal. Like I mentioned before 6 strawberries is just 25 calories. A cup of Raspberries or Blackberries are about 60 calories. Throw that in a 4-6 ounce container of non-fat yogurt and you have a less than 200 calories very filling snack.

Egg Whites. You can make a huge omelet with a cup of Egg Whites, Laughing Cow cheese, slice of ham and some veggies like Broccoli or Asparagus for less than 200 calories.

Water, Water, Water and included in that is some Tea. Get some tasty high quality tea bags.
  • jukyu
    jukyu Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Where did you get 1400-1500 calories from? What resource are you using to calculate your calorie and macro needs?

Start eating real food. Add volume to your diet. Dense fruits/veggies and lean protein.