Fibromalgia Meds/gaining weight

Options
IS there anyone out here that has fibromyalgia that has taken meds that have made them gain weight....I am on neurontin, cymbalta, and ultrum and cant seem to lose weight no matter what I do .

Replies

• wendyhay816
    wendyhay816 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Solomonsmom! Yes, I have fibromyalgia, addison's, diabetes, hypothyroidism and high blood pressure. I completely understand the weight gain from taking medications. The best thing I can tell you is to really watch your calorie intake. Because of the fibromyalgia, I am extremely limited to my activity level, so I must rely solely on my diet to lose any weight. My doctor said I would lose weight, just not as fast as someone else. Since I started watching what I ate, I have lost 1/2-1 pound a week, for a total of almost 10 pounds so far (my first goal).

I hope this helps. I know its not easy.
  • solomonsmom
    solomonsmom Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    THanks and good luck =)
  • Lparault
    Lparault Posts: 100
    Options
    I have fibro as well and take Cymbalta...constipation seems to be the side effect I am experiencing (which can slow down weight loss). If that is an issue for you, try stool softeners and/or a weekend chained to the commode after a bottle of mag-citrate....I have had three kids and a hysterectomy, all of which makes it harder to lose as well. It may not be the meds, have you tried looking at other factors?