So hungry in the morning

As a college kid I don't get to eat normally or even have a balanced meal. I eat very little at night because the cafe has fried and non healthy food, therefore, I only eat an apple or cereal with skin milk. Yet, when I wake up in the morning I am so hungry and I can eat so much and still be hungry. I try to put protein in my diet with an egg but like I said, it's really hard to eat healthy when the food they give you at college is so unhealthy.

Are there any tips to help me?

Replies

• Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,782 Member
    Make a protein shake with protein powder, whole milk and greek yogurt. It's very filling, full of protein and healthy.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Can't view your diary but I would guess that you're not eating enough. You may just need to work with what's available. Are there soups? Salad? Maybe you could talk to the cafeteria folks or someone higher up to see if there's anything they're willing to change to make the options healthier? With obesity rampant, you'd think they'd be willing to at least have a chat about it. And I'm sure you're not the only one either. See if some friends or classmates would help you out.
  • prokomds
    prokomds Posts: 318 Member
    It does sound like you're not eating enough! My old college dining halls had salad bars and things, so if I didn't eat healthy, it was because I wasn't making the best choices. Either there are healthy things available and you're not getting enough, or there simply aren't any great options and you're starving yourself. You don't want to eat much in the morning, but you barely eat at night? When do you eat??

Are you paying for the ability to eat in your dining areas? I hope you're not paying for whole meals and just eating some fruit and cereal.

Really, if there are NO other options (can you cook for yourself? can you eat elsewhere?), then you should really just get some smaller portions of what's available to you. See what other health-mindful students are doing. Starving yourself in the long run is going to do you no good, both for your weight and for your healthy. Take care!