How much exercise do you do when you're sick?

Options
I'm a little torn what I should try to do today. Sore throat, fever and stuffy nose are what I got going on. I cancelled my walk with my mother, we tend to really push our pace and I fear I don't have the energy for that. I'm thinking of a something light here at home.

Opinions? ( I know there's plenty out there, lol)

Replies

• mdcoug
    mdcoug Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    If I have a fever, I call it a rest day. If it's just a stuffy nose and head congestion, I pretty much keep to my routine. I know most others say that chest congestion is another "rest day," but luckily I haven't had to use that excuse for a very long time! *knock on wood*
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    If I have a fever, I call it a rest day. If it's just a stuffy nose and head congestion, I pretty much keep to my routine. I know most others say that chest congestion is another "rest day," but luckily I haven't had to use that excuse for a very long time! *knock on wood*

Thanks for your input. If I do anything today, I'll make it a leisurely walk.
  • Machafin
    Machafin Posts: 2,988 Member
    Options
    even a leisurely walk is better than nothing. But if you really do not feel up to it, you dont want to push yourself and make things worse you know?
  • quiltlovinlisa
    Options
    even a leisurely walk is better than nothing. But if you really do not feel up to it, you dont want to push yourself and make things worse you know?

True. I'll play it by ear. I keep thinking if tomorrow is worse, I don't want to miss two days in a row, I'm just barely two weeks into being on track and I need to keep my momentum going.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Depends. If it's a cold/cough/sore throat, I push through it. If I'm light headed or dizzy, that's a different story. Do what you can, but don't use it as an excuse.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    Options
    Just walked 20 minutes, I might do some stretching with a little pilates later on. Thanks for the input.