First step..introducing myself and being vulnerable

Options
Hi ya'll. Joined today and have been cruising the posts. Already losing a bit of motivation as I don't see many in the over the 50 bracket.

Need to lose somewhere in the area of 90 lbs. I am soon to be 54 and have never been at this weight. I sit here and wonder just how did this happen, how did I not see the weight gain creeping on.

As with so many, lab results coming back stating pre-diabetic and cholesterol thru the roof smacks us in the face. Exercising tends to be a bit hard as I have asthma and COPD, but I know that if I was to lose the extra weight, my breathing would be soooooooo much better. What I also know, for me, is that weight gain and depression go hand in hand.

So, if any of you wish to be friends, I am certainly looking for support, that "get your butt on the floor and do some crunches" chat, the ability to understand that we all fall off track at times, and that even if it's only one pound lost for the week - - it's still an accomplishment, and so much more. I, in return, will help to motivate you, be understanding and lend an ear when you've hit a rough spot.