Which exercise DVDs do you workout with at home?

Options
I've been using TurboJam for cardio, and the Firm (Transfirmer) for strength training. I just want to try something new so I don't get bored with the workouts I have now. Which ones do you really like?

Replies

• megandme120
    megandme120 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of the Jillian Michaels video - "blast fat, boost metabolism" and the "30 day shred". I also love her yoga video. I also do Jackie Warner's videos - the total body circuit training one for when I want to use weights and a great ab video.
  • christimccarty
    Options
    if you like turbojam... upgrade to turbofire!!! Its AWESOME! I started out as a turbojammer and have had my turbofire for about 2 years now and still use it all the time! love, love it!
    I'm also really excited to be adding insanity to my workout collection. It burns MAX calories!!! high intensity!
  • Bentleymama86
    Bentleymama86 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Go ahead and laugh..... I use Richard Simmons!!! I love him :)
  • marc_s_johnson
    marc_s_johnson Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Insanity, 30 Day Shred and just started Bob Harper's Total body sculptured Kettlebell workout.

Recommend them all.
  • ande1560
    ande1560 Posts: 12
    Options
    I just use Insanity and I love it! Can anyone recommend a good video I can find online for strength training using dumbbells?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    The list is super long

Top 5 Instructors:

Kelly Coffey Meyer
    Leslie Sansone
    Ellen Barrett
    Chris Freytag
    Jessica Smith

Top 5 videos

KCM - 30 Minutes to Fitness Your Best Body
    LS - Belly Blasting Walk
    EB - Skinny Sculpt
    CF - Walking Cardio Shape Up Max
    JS - YouTube stuff ....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5SeMKN8Bus

collagevideo.com & totalfitnessdvds.com are great places to look for new DVDs ... reviews, video clips, tons of info before you buy
  • Hawaiian_Shirt_Day
    Options
    I just use Insanity and I love it! Can anyone recommend a good video I can find online for strength training using dumbbells?

You can look into ChaLEAN Extreme
  • bhickman2102
    Options
    Last week I was looking for a visual reference on how to do a particular kettlebell exercise, so I looked it up on YouTube....I had NO idea how many full length workouts were on there! There are some of Jillian Michaels' on there, yoga, kettlebell workouts. Its my new go-to when I want to try something new that I don't have at home.
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I'm in week 3 of Insanity which I am loving (I completed it last year as well). Next I will be doing Les Mills Body Combat, and after that I'm not sure yet...maybe Insanity Asylum. I love the variety because I get bored if I do one thing for too long...which is why I couldn't keep myself focused on P90X I think. I do go to the gym 2-3 days a week for additional strength trianing and weight lifting as well.
  • frugalafterfifty
    frugalafterfifty Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I've got a bunch but most are dusty - I'm working on changing that. I just started doing DVD's again.

I have several Callenetics and I'm trying to do 4 hours a week
    Leslie Sansone - walks - I'll try to use them on yukky days or to finish a walking challenge I just started here on MFP
    Several yoga and Pilates. I prefer the WIndsor Pilates ones - perhaps because I know them better
  • KimberlyDCZ
    KimberlyDCZ Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Shaun T's Rockin' Body! I LOVE it! I've also been wanting 30DS, I've seen others with great results from that.
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone and Zumba Gold I love them.
  • mztamaraann
    mztamaraann Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I started with 30 DS then I moved on to Burn fat boost metabolism and No more trouble zones. I am currently doing turbo fire and it is my favorite. The calorie burn is ridiculous, and it is actually fun.
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I like pretty much everything the Firm has put out. I have many of those dvds so I never get bored with them. I also have a Bar Method dvd that's great.

I have found several Youtube channels for workouts that are also awesome. Namely, Blogilates. her workouts are so fun!
  • TLHarwick
    TLHarwick Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am admittedly a Fitness DVD junkie. Back when I started on my journey, I was a FT working Mom of 4 with a deployed spouse.. going to the gym was close to impossible.

I have everything from Jillian Michaels to TaeBo to Les Mills Combat and Pump and they have all been great for different periods in my journey!

Jillian Michaels - No More Trouble Zones still kills me!
    Les Mills - Combat - leaves me nice and sweaty!
    Les Mills - Pump - very flexible b/c you can add weight as you get stronger! -
  • knovello82
    knovello82 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I don't know what cable provider you have...but I do kickboxing with Jill Coleman...it's on demand w/ Comcast/Xfinity. It kicks butt & I feel a big difference after just a couple of workouts.

I need to do more stuff with weights but I'm going to be moving soon so why pay for a gym membership
  • angelapolite72
    angelapolite72 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I don't know what cable provider you have...but I do kickboxing with Jill Coleman...it's on demand w/ Comcast/Xfinity. It kicks butt & I feel a big difference after just a couple of workouts.

I need to do more stuff with weights but I'm going to be moving soon so why pay for a gym membership

I have Comcast, I never thought about looking into the On Demand for workouts, thanks for the tip!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,011 Member
    Options
    julian michales 30 day shred , denise austin, I also do alot of workouts on youtube and netflix instant videos
  • alsoagood1
    alsoagood1 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have several and do most of them (some are new for me and I haven't tried yet):

Billy Banks
    Bob Harper
    Jillian Michaels
    Shaun T
    The Firm
    Zumba
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I started with slim in 6. I still try and do it once a week because it's a good full body workout.

I used the 'walking away the pounds' videos a few times as well. I have the 30 day shred but only did it once and my knees were sorry later. I have turbo fire, but it's a bit too fast paced for me and I haven't got into it yet. I'm seriously considering buying Les Mills pump at this point, as the gym doesn't have a very good schedule for them.