Tuna in sunflower oil

Options
I have been trying to find a way of getting a healthy protein lunch that I can pack for lunch, Chicken is absolutely revolting cold in my opinions and tuna in brine is dry. Today I tried tuna in sunflower oil and loved it!

However I am worried about that fat in in. I am looking to cut my body fat % as best I can. Please look at my diary or give me advice on wether its ok to stick with this tuna or continue my quest for a healthy work luch? thanks!

Replies

• clee4335
    clee4335 Posts: 9
    Options
    I think tuna is a great, quick, healthy option for lunch and they are portioned right in the packets. I love the flavored ones and mix them with veggies and rice for my lunch. Its really easy! The only thing about having tuna often is the sodium content in them. i have noticed if I dont keep up with my water intake and drink more especially on the days I have tuna, I notice I get bloated and I dont see a difference on the scale because sodium makes you retain water. I think its a great option, just not everyday of the week. And just remember to drink lots of water :)
  • clee4335
    clee4335 Posts: 9
    Options
    Also, it has good fats in it, not the bad fats, so dont worry about that. It also has alot of potassium in it which is really good for you.
  • thecakelocker
    thecakelocker Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    You can mix tuna with unsweetened, plain Greek yogurt as a Mayo substitute. It's good and adds even more protein.
  • JakeBrownVB
    JakeBrownVB Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    thanks, its just im really kinda stuck on how to pack a lunch that has protein and vegetables and doesnt taste like complete ars. What kind of packed lunches can you take that are good for slimming?