Fruit - Weight Loss Question

Options
2»

Replies

• dsmpunk
    dsmpunk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I know there is no 'magic' fruit, but I'm just curious what fruit most of you are eating to help with weight loss..

Raspberries by the pound for their fat destroying ketones

Do you wash it down with a gallon of green coffee bean....coffee?
  • mrsjobba2
    mrsjobba2 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Interesting replies - thank you
  • FitnessFinatic123
    Options
    If you arent a big FRUIT and veggie consumer - I use a powder product that I throw in my shakes called FRESH. You get all your adequate amounts and it doesn't taste bad.
    Its made by a company called onebode live
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I love berries, especially blackberries for their fiber content.
  • nwg74
    nwg74 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I have bananas mainly but also apples, blueberries, strawberries and pears. I have still lost plenty of weight.
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, oranges, tangerines, apples, I love fruit.

I'll eat as much of it as I can fit into my macros.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Pssshhh . . .bananas aren't bad--they have potassium which helps with muscle cramps. . . .

It's like people think that bananas are the only source of potassium! No bananas aren't "bad" and some people can eat them no problem. Not me. There are other low sugar foods that are BETTER sources of potassium. Such as spinach, swiss chard, beet greens, cilantro, and winter squash. For people who eat legumes, lots of potassium in those too.

Yes, the fructose in fruit is problematic for my health, including weight loss. Currently, I am not eating fruit and even when I do start to eat it again, it will mostly be berries. That may not be the case for everyone, and if eating them works for you, eat them.
  • earvizu92
    earvizu92 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Cantelope with strawberries and grapes! Yummy.....:smile:
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Pssshhh . . .bananas aren't bad--they have potassium which helps with muscle cramps. . . .

It's like people think that bananas are the only source of potassium! No bananas aren't "bad" and some people can eat them no problem. Not me. There are other low sugar foods that are BETTER sources of potassium. Such as spinach, swiss chard, beet greens, cilantro, and winter squash. For people who eat legumes, lots of potassium in those too.

Yes, the fructose in fruit is problematic for my health, including weight loss. Currently, I am not eating fruit and even when I do start to eat it again, it will mostly be berries. That may not be the case for everyone, and if eating them works for you, eat them.

Where do you get this information that fructose is bad for us? Tons of us eat high sugar fruits without issue with weight loss. The only people who even have to consider eliminating high sugar fruits are diabetics.

BTW, I eat bananas, apples, kiwi, strawberries, all berries pretty much daily with no issue. Fruits are great to get antioxidants and vitamins.
  • dxtra30
    dxtra30 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Wow such great replies, thank you!