Looking for motivation for weight loss!

So I am officially start my weight loss journey to lose those 60 pounds and feel good! So here's my story: I have gained 60 pounds throughout my high school years. I blame stress because it has been cauing me soo many problems. Such as overeating "comfort" foods, change in heart rate (it's soo scary it's like fast out of nowhere then slow), and that tired-sluggish feeling. I am trying to do yoga for relaxion, but I have no idea where to start! Any tips on how to manage stress, losing weight, etc please let me know! :smile:

Replies

• kliermann
    kliermann Posts: 514
    well for stress just do you, i know a lot of people just chill out with their music of choice to releive stress...pets help a lot too! losing weight as long as you track on here and add supportive friends you shouldnt have ANY problem the forum has helped me a lot keeps my mind off food

also whats helped me is weening myself down not just an instant flip i have failed every time i just decided im doing 100% starting....now lol

feel free to add me if you would like
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,462 Member
    Some people find exercise helps with stress. I go to a dance class once a week and I find I don't think about anything else while I'm there - there's something relaxing about concentrating on doing something physical!

But do see a doctor first about your heart rate, if you haven't already.
  • luckydays27
    luckydays27 Posts: 552 Member
    Congrats on getting on this train early. There are plenty of seats for those who want to work hard and lose weight.

I just joined MFP but I have been working at this for about 6 months and lost 30 lbs so far. From what I have figured out is you need to eat right and workout. Dont do a fad diet. Eat at least your BMR but no more than you TDEE and get a good strength training/cardio routine in place. If you dont know these look up Dan's road map here on MFP. Lots of great insight there.

I have never understood this before which is why I am trying to lose weight for the last time in my life. I have done this many times and have meet with some success but always eventually failed because I was following some sort of crazy diet instead of making the lifestyle change.

If you can do that, you will succeed. And we will all be here to support you as you do!!