Is it running?

Options
124»

Replies

• NataBost
    NataBost Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    There is no difference as far as I'm concerned. You ran. You jogged. Same difference. Both feet were off the ground at the same time. It's running. Nicely done.

This.

I average about a 9:00-9:30 pace when I run, and that isn't bad at all for a 34-year-old woman like myself. Heck, it isn't bad at all for anyone. My PR for a mile is currently 7:56, and trust me, I was *working* for that! It sounds like your boyfriend is defining running as sprint speed, not sustainable speed, and IMO, that's crap. It's also crap that he would say anything that is not some variation on, "That's great, good for you!"

Quoting for Truth. You ran in my opinion. :)
  • nc805397
    nc805397 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I ran my personal best of a 10:10 minute mile. You are WAYY ahead of me girl!! :) You were definitely running!
  • zillah73
    zillah73 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    There is no difference as far as I'm concerned. You ran. You jogged. Same difference. Both feet were off the ground at the same time. It's running. Nicely done.

This! Great job.
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    When I ran my first "big" 5K event, EVERYONE passed me. I mean, seriously, a handicapped dude with his legs circling outward passed me. He was tall, and he was running, and he was passing me, and it was raining, heavy. I was like, I am just going to do my best, stay paced, and finish this crazy thing. That's all. A lady speed walking passed me. No joke. At .2 left, I yelled at some passer-bys and asked "How much further?" because I knew I had to be getting close by my timer. I though he said 1.2 and I nearly died.

At the finish line. I cried. I was so exhausted, and I just did my best.

I checked my race time the next day and finished like fourth for timed women in my age group.

Lesson learned. You just really can't compare to other people, by what you see, or by what you feel. You just do it, and you keep doing it, and you don't care what they call it or what it looks like. You just go.

PS: I've seen running sites that give the difference in junning and jogging paces. All I know is, I'm out there. As a note, my husband said that to me, once...then he started Couch to 5K with me and I didn't hear that word anymore. LOL
  • Christinesunvrse
    Christinesunvrse Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    :happy: I love this post - yes, my dear, you were definitely running!
  • lmroessler
    lmroessler Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I love this post, too. Sounds like my husband who says my 11:00 minute mile pace for my first 5K was super slow. He still thinks he can run 20 miles with a ruck sack on his back like he did in his Army days, so we have a bet that the next 5K I do, he won't train for while I will and he says he can beat me. I'll let you know how we do!

Anywhay - I LOVE that my 11 to 11:30 minute miles are not that far off from so many of you other runners out there! Let's keep it up!!