A PROMISE KEPT 32 lbs in 7 weeks. :)

Options
It's now been 7 weeks on the P90x program and I feel fantastic. I have been working my but off and I know I have a long ways to go. If I can have a moment to tell you my story. About 1 1/2 years ago I lost my mother to heart failure and Diabietes.:brokenheart: Before my mother passed away I had lost 30 lbs. When I went to see her she was very excited and surprised. She told me that i looked soo good and that she was proud of me. We talked about life and she told me to take care of my health so I could take care of my wife and my children. She made me promise to keep the weight off so I promised her. Little did I know, but this was the last time I would talk to my mom. As she passed away shortly after. About 2 days after talking with mom I received a phone call while working out in my garage that Mom was gone. You see it was Thanksgiving morning and I thought I would get in a workout before going. After that I could not bring myself to workout and I gained 30 lbs back, I didn't care anymore. I was angry and my heart was broken. I had lost my friend and my mother. A few months ago while lying in bed I came across the P90x program. I thought should I try this ? Well that night I remembered what I had forgot. A promise I made to my mother. How could I not keep my word. That next morning I purchased the program. You see I had moved and set up my gym in a new garage. I was about to change my life. After hard work and determination to finish what I had started years ago I am on my way. I know I have a long ways to go but it is worth it. Well it's been 7 weeks and I've lost the 30 lbs plus 2 xtra.

MOM I HAVE KEPT MY PROMISE TO YOU. I MISS YOU SOO MUCH. I HOPE YOU ARE PROUD OF ME. I WILL NEVER LET YOU DOWN. ALWAYS THINKING OF YOU. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    way to go...your post touched me and i applaud you for "remembering" your promise...often we forget our intentions in our grief and the hustle and bustle of everyday life...keep up the awesome work and thanks for sharing your story....
    denise:happy:
  • pamw22
    pamw22 Posts: 77
    Options
    Mike I almost cried reading this. You are a wonderful man! a wonderful Son and your mom is very proud of you! Thank you for this motivation and thank you for keeping your promise to your mom. Keep up the good work and remember keep pushing at anything in life and at everything for your mom, remember moms know best:heart: ! You are an inspiration :flowerforyou:
  • baggins706
    baggins706 Posts: 310
    Options
    Wow, Mike so sorry for your loss, so very sorry... but I must say CONGRATS are in order for your success and determination, keep it going!
  • PattieD
    PattieD Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Please accept my deepest condolences on the loss of your mother. You know that as a parent your most basic wish for your child is health and happiness. Take comfort in the fact the your mom saw more of both of those things in you during your last visit -what a wonderful gift you gave her! Congratulations on all your hard work to regain your health - this is the best way to honor both your mom and yourself.....and another great gift to your family. Best wishes and continued success on your journey, and thank you for sharing your story.
  • cobygrey
    cobygrey Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Wow! Any mom would be Proud!
  • Ten10
    Ten10 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Your story brought tears to my eyes. I am sorry for your loss. I am sure your Mother is proud of you. You are an inspiration to many. Keep up the good work .
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    What an awesome story! I am sorry your mom is gone, but what a great gift she could give you in her passing! Keep it up and when you see her again think of how proud she will be!!
  • joneswife09
    joneswife09 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Okay...This story just made me cry like a baby. I lost my dad 8 1/2 years ago to a heart attack when i was 14. Stories like these really get to me. I'm so sorry for the loss of your mother. I'm very happy for your loss of 32 lbs! You are doing great. I know she would be proud. You're doing a great job. Keep it up.
  • MikeEstrada
    MikeEstrada Posts: 39
    Options
    Thank you for your wonderfull comments. Time goes by too fast. Your comments are heartfelt and give me strength.:heart:
  • MikeEstrada
    Options
    Thank you once again for all the support .
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    1st of all sorry to hear about the loss of your mom.... 2nd congrats on your weight loss and keeping your promise and 3rd your mom is very proud of you ... we all are ... keep up the awesome job you are doing ... again CONGRATS!!!!
  • MikeEstrada
    Options
    Thank you all.
  • bennettv
    bennettv Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Even when you fall, keep remembering the promise. My Dad made a similar promise to his Dad after his Dad suffered a major heart attach. My Grandfather lived a few weeks in intensive care and that's when my Dad made the promise. He kept it for a while. He trained and ran a 1/2 marathon. He got down to his high school weight. He did great. That's when I was 7. I'm now 37 and I've been living without my Dad for 8 years. After the initial success he had he forgot his promise and he died of a heart attach at the age of 52, two years younger than his father. I'm working hard to make sure my kids have a new story to tell. Thanks for the reminder of just how important this journey is.
  • MikeEstrada
    Options
    It's now been 7 weeks on the P90x program and I feel fantastic. I have been working my but off and I know I have a long ways to go. If I can have a moment to tell you my story. About 1 1/2 years ago I lost my mother to heart failure and Diabietes.:brokenheart: Before my mother passed away I had lost 30 lbs. When I went to see her she was very excited and surprised. She told me that i looked soo good and that she was proud of me. We talked about life and she told me to take care of my health so I could take care of my wife and my children. She made me promise to keep the weight off so I promised her. Little did I know, but this was the last time I would talk to my mom. As she passed away shortly after. About 2 days after talking with mom I received a phone call while working out in my garage that Mom was gone. You see it was Thanksgiving morning and I thought I would get in a workout before going. After that I could not bring myself to workout and I gained 30 lbs back, I didn't care anymore. I was angry and my heart was broken. I had lost my friend and my mother. A few months ago while lying in bed I came across the P90x program. I thought should I try this ? Well that night I remembered what I had forgot. A promise I made to my mother. How could I not keep my word. That next morning I purchased the program. You see I had moved and set up my gym in a new garage. I was about to change my life. After hard work and determination to finish what I had started years ago I am on my way. I know I have a long ways to go but it is worth it. Well it's been 7 weeks and I've lost the 30 lbs plus 2 xtra.

MOM I HAVE KEPT MY PROMISE TO YOU. I MISS YOU SOO MUCH. I HOPE YOU ARE PROUD OF ME. I WILL NEVER LET YOU DOWN. ALWAYS THINKING OF YOU. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • MikeEstrada
    Options

• cmw72
    cmw72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    That was amazing.

smiley-sad055.gif

Thanks for sharing your story, and congratulations on your success!.
  • KeriD
    KeriD Posts: 324
    Options
    Mike.....how awesome......so happy for you!!!!!!
  • slcbrus
    slcbrus Posts: 79
    Options
    I am sure your mom is watching from up there and she must be so proud. You kept your promise! Thank you so much for sharing this with us.

1111650.png
  • last25
    last25 Posts: 83
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story. I am sure that your mom is very proud of you for remembering and keeping your promise. Keep up the good work. God bless.
  • vivagigglemouth1
    Options
    What a sad but lovely story well done you! :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!