Help me keep motivated.

Options
I dont like starting a thread that's all about self pity and hatred for my body so I will keep it brief but Im really struggling at the moment.

I rejoined yesterday... and I feel like I dont even know where to start. There are loads of factors in my life at the moment that I could try put the blame on but know its down to me to change my mind set. Im at a point where ive started to cut off all my friends because I feel bad about how I look.

I think a positive step was rejoining, this was down to the fact it was becoming hard to get my largest sized trousers on. I hate the though of summer coming, its so warm here today and Im actually afraid to go outside as it will mean having to wear less clothing which even writing sounds like the most ridiculous thing ever.

I think I just need a kick to get me going again.

Replies

• autumny70
    autumny70 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I think the way to start is to just start. Eat a vegetable with dinner, and take a walk after. You don't have to do it all today.
  • amykluver
    amykluver Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Does setting a goal seem too overwhelming? When I'm feeling bad and really stressed - feeling like I have too much to do (to lofty of goals) I just get a bad attitude and say "to heck with it" (putting it mildly) and I don't do anything.

I too am struggling and have been a member for a while, so my goals have all been backed down to just logging everything. Not worring about the RED, but trying to stay in the GREEN if I can. Not worrying about workouts (but knowing it would be better if I can get them in). Maybe joining and just starting out with the goal of logging everything you eat for 1 week and see how that goes.

Best of luck mate.
  • wibblewobblekaz
    wibblewobblekaz Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You sound a bit depressed so you maybe need to visit your doctor and surround yourself with friends, they will pick you up when your down, isolating yourself isn't the answer, hope you get positive and find your motivation x
  • Zampa13
    Zampa13 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for the advice. Im going to have a good dinner tonight as in lots of veggies take my measurements and weight tomorrow morning and hopefully it will kick start me.

I have at the moment set mini goals. So making sure I fill in the food diary to start and aim to get out for a walk. I guess I shouldnt bottle it all up, I know I will feel better about myself as soon as I make a few changes, just feel in a bit of a 'rut' at the moment.
  • eschoon88
    eschoon88 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. My initial weight gain was due to depression from losing my daughter, but then it just turned into bad eating habits. I joined MFP a week ago because I want my physical health to match my newfound emotional heealth.
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    You can do it!! I too have been a bit unmotivated lately. I have been maintaining for 9 months and in the past few weeks, have binged three times. I am not sure why but it is happening and I want to stop it NOW!! I always get back on plan and get the weight off but... I don't like this. I need to get motivated and in control. I am hoping that if the weather ever gets warmer, it will get better.
  • andrederosier
    andrederosier Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    So many of us have gotten to that point somewhere (some many times) before we decide to take ACTION and CHANGE our behavior. Is it easy? NO! Is it worth it? Hell YES!!!

You don't have to take on everything at once. Start small and change things 1 or 2 things at a time. Set some healthy goals like trying some veggies with supper and moving (any exercise) for a bit of time and increase time and/or speed when you are hitting goal consistently. By challenging yourself you will improve and your confidence will grow.