Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What's my activity level???

I'm a little confused about what I should be putting for my activity level...sedentary or lightly active...
I work 2.5 days a week at a bank, and the rest of the week, I am a at stay home mom for my 18 month old daughter.
Does anybody have any idea or in the same situation?
Thanks!

Replies

• cassiegal724
    cassiegal724 Posts: 63 Member
    I would def say at least lightly active being a stay at home mom. try getting an activity tracker such as fitbit to test it out.
  • coe28
    coe28 Posts: 715 Member
    I'm a little confused about what I should be putting for my activity level...sedentary or lightly active...
    I work 2.5 days a week at a bank, and the rest of the week, I am a at stay home mom for my 18 month old daughter.
    Does anybody have any idea or in the same situation?
    Thanks!

I would say lightly active. You're definitely not sedentary taking care of a toddler, I know how much my 3 year old keeps me jumping! :smile:
  • healthy_mommy
    healthy_mommy Posts: 11 Member
    Thanks!
    Appreciate the feedback :)
  • Chasing an 18 month old around all day long qualifies as light activity at the very least. I would definitely use light activity.
  • climbamnt
    climbamnt Posts: 190 Member
    I second the FitBit, it will give you a better idea of your activity level. I thought I was sedentary because I work a desk job, but i burn almost 2200 calories a day, no where near sedentary!
  • stetienne
    stetienne Posts: 560 Member
    Sedentary is for us poor schlubs that sit at a desk 8 hours a day, all week long.
  • skparker2
    skparker2 Posts: 132
    I also work at a bank as a part-time teller (but I work 35 hours on average). Before I started MFP, I was VERY sedentary. But I've been working out for the past 2 months & I haven't known whether to change my activity levels or not.

I know that mothers often have a very tough job, keeping up with kids always running around & what-not.

I'd say between sedentary to lightly-active. But without knowing how often/how much you exercise outside of your job & caring for your baby, I couldn't say for sure.
  • coe28
    coe28 Posts: 715 Member
    Sedentary is for us poor schlubs that sit at a desk 8 hours a day, all week long.

I do that 9 hours a day, 5 days a week, but I still count myself as lightly active because the hours that I'm not working and not sleeping I'm doing housework, errands, playing with my son, etc. but very rarely actually sitting and being sedentary.