Vacations!

Options
My family is planning a 3 night camping/theme park trip in 3 weeks. Now the Camping part is great cause I can get up early and get my walking/cardio done around the campgrounds trails. But, the big BUT here, is the theme park!! sure its walking hills all day, but what to eat?? and I really don't want to deprive myself of my favorite food in this world....Dip'n'Dots (if you have never heard of them its only the best ice cream treat known to man - Other that WDW's Dole Whip, Mmm - ) and should I try and log all those hills? cause that's a workout itself! I do plan on sticking with my calorie goals and logging, that's like a part of my life I cant change. And I don't drink alcohol much but one of the few times I do is sitting around the campfire at night...I cant smoke**, Im not gonna not drink. losing weight wont be on my mind, but not gaining WILL BE :) any advice or tips would be appreciated :) Thanks!

ETA- ** I quit smoking in Oct. and the hardest time to not pick back up smoking is around a camp fire. just something about it makes me want a smoke :/

Replies

• michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    other than slugging down as much water as you can....I say relax, enjoy and have the dip'n'dots!! all the walking will help, and its 3 days...live your life!! get drunker than hooter brown if so inclined...just promise yourself and stick with it...that you get back on the straight and narrow upon return home...
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about logging as it's only 3 days. But that's just me.

You can just make sure not to eat above your maintenance cals and you won't gain.
  • sarahDickson501
    sarahDickson501 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about logging as it's only 3 days. But that's just me.

You can just make sure not to eat above your maintenance cals and you won't gain.

my maintenance is just over 2000 and after being used to 1200 or less it will be easy to stay under :) and I may consider leaving MFP behind a few days....