Does anyone do Zumba on Xbox 360??

Options
Hello I am new to MFP. I wanted to know if anyone does Zumba on Xbox 360 (Kinect)? I have the Zumba Fitness Rush and also have My Fitness Evolved 2012. Does anyone have any recommendations on how many times a week I should be doing either (Prefer Zumba) and for how long each time? Also has anyone gotten results by doing the Zumba on Xbox 360? Any tips or suggestions are appreciated. I hope everyone is having a wonderful day! :happy:

Also I would like to find people that would like to be my motivator and I them if possible. :smile:

Replies

• mel51618
    mel51618 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have Zumba, but I don't do it as often as I should. I've found that I"m WAY more motivated in class which is right up my street. Of course I've only been going for a few weeks now so I'm just beginning. I"m hoping that in the next few weeks as my weight loss plan really starts taking shape that I will fill in days where there isn't class with xbox Zumba. I also have the biggest loser for kinect. It's not terrible. :)
  • 1awesomewoman
    1awesomewoman Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Yeah my original thought was to start going back to the gym, but unfortunately it's not a option due to financials. I wish you lots of luck on your weight loss goals though! You can feel free to add me if you'd like. :happy:
  • missANWilson
    missANWilson Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I do it 3-5 times a week and i do a short class and might do a medium length class for a better longer workout its really good i love it
  • DesignGuy
    DesignGuy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I have a new site for fitness gaming, so I have most of these titles and am testing them out. As far as how much you should "play" that really depends on your goals.

For instance, I did a test on Zumba Core Fitness for the Xbox w/Kinect yesterday and burned 278 calories in 20 minutes. If my goal was say 500 calories burned a day, 5 times a week, I'd play for 40 minutes per day roughly and 5 times per week.

The biggest thing with all of these games is to put in a great effort. You'll get out what you put in.

I highly recommend using a HRM as the calorie burn counters in these games a very wrong, especially for those of us with extra weight. I mean WAY, WAY off at times.

While you could probably use nothing but the Xbox for all your workout, it also makes for a nice filler when you can't get to a class, go outside or do what you normally would want to do.

Best of luck!