VERY INTERESTING. This may be why some can't stop eating

Options
2»

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    Food companies have entire teams of scientists just to keep you craving and buying more. Texture is one of those things. Right down to how much force it requires to chew. There was an article not to long ago about this. A former food company scientist that quit because he felt wrong basically making ways to get people addicted to products so the company could make more profit. It was very interesting.
    I have no issue with using "enticement" to make a profit. People spend money on stuff that makes them happy. But I do find it so interesting about how our sensory systems work around the sound and texture of food.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • NotThePest
    NotThePest Posts: 164
    Options
    I will read this later -- sounds good. I bet the food industry have studies like this.
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,639 Member
    Options
    Interesting, bumping for later.
  • DNEWMAN8891
    DNEWMAN8891 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I will eat when I'm bored, lonely or anxious...so basically I just eat!::sad:
  • ctpeace
    ctpeace Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Texture does make a huge difference! One key for me has been getting my favorite textures from healthier foods. (Creamy avocados or bananas, crunchy carrots and celery)
  • RandomMiranda
    Options
    I'll have to read that. Crunchy texture is what I crave more than anything. I won't need chocolate or chips - I'll need something crunchy with either sweet or salty flavor.
  • inurvision
    inurvision Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    After a long mentally draining workday, this article is just waaaayyyyy too long for me to even think about reading LMBO I did skim some of it however. I don't know if I agree or disagree. I snack according to my moods. Sometimes, I crave salty crunchy snacks, and other days I crave sugary chewy snacks, and some days I crave cold stuff (ice cream or smoothies). Maybe they should do a study on my personal eating habits LOL My solution is to either give in to a crave or ignore it altogether and don't even buy what I really want to eat. I have no middle ground :-(
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    The ultimate decision, smooth peanut butter or chunky peanut butter???

Not at all, the ultimate decision is: Soft bacon or crispy bacon :)