feeling weak.

Options
I don't get this, I have been working on my running for a couple months now, and have gotten up to 2 and a half miles. i go out for my run today and not even halfway through, my lungs are burning badly and I feel like I want to pass out, I started to walk, and even then my lungs burned like crazy and I felt this severe aching all throughout my body. I attempted to start running again but felt too weak to continue a short time later. The only thing I can think of that might have caused it is the weather. I'm used to running in mild weather with lots of cold breeze and today its muggy and 70 degrees, could that have something to do with it? Feeling really discouraged, talk about 2 steps forward and one big step back.

Replies

• jienelle
    jienelle Posts: 29
    Options
    It could be the weather...but also - did you do anything different pre-workout? Did you eat breakfast or have coffee? Or did you forget something today?
  • ACarp24
    ACarp24 Posts: 90
    Options
    It could be the weather...but also - did you do anything different pre-workout? Did you eat breakfast or have coffee? Or did you forget something today?
    I had breakfast, and I ate a trail mix bar a little while before I left.....so I don't think I was under fueled, I just felt oddly weak.
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    We all have bad days while running. Sometimes even really bad days. Probably just chalk it up to a bad day and hope for a better one tomorrow.
  • Shy1979
    Shy1979 Posts: 75
    Options
    Maybe you just caught a cold or something, ... I wouldn't give up. Keep on trying, and if you still feel to weak, maybe that's your body telling you to take a day off or maybe even two. I hope you're back to your regular self real soon!
  • CMomma23
    CMomma23 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I don't know your situation or anything and I definately don't want to offend you are scare you... Could it be nearing that time of the month or pregnancy....

It could be the weather and pollen in the air may be affecting your sinuses (even if you normally are not an allergy person this is still possible) which could be the cause of the lung pain....

Maybe your body is telling you to rest for right now... Don't overdue it and cause yourself more harm than good
  • belldandy1
    belldandy1 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    The humidity can makes running a whole lot harder. My mother used to run every single day for 3 years, and on a day with bad humidity it would still make her feel like crap. It made my walk/run yesterday hellacious. Don't get discouraged, your body probably just needs to adjust to running in the summer weather.
  • ACarp24
    ACarp24 Posts: 90
    Options
    I don't know your situation or anything and I definately don't want to offend you are scare you... Could it be nearing that time of the month or pregnancy....

It could be the weather and pollen in the air may be affecting your sinuses (even if you normally are not an allergy person this is still possible) which could be the cause of the lung pain....

Maybe your body is telling you to rest for right now... Don't overdue it and cause yourself more harm than good
    I'm positive I'm not pregnant but to the ladder yes. The weird thing is I'm not really over doing it, I haven't worked out for at least 2 days.
  • CMomma23
    CMomma23 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I know when I don't work out for even 1-2 days... that first workout seems slightly difficult (like they did when i first started working out) so... That could be all it is... If I were you, I would just do what you can and don't sweat the rest... It's not taking steps back AT ALL... It's just pressing forward... Don't let it discourage you because you are doing just fine :wink: