Discouraged

Options
2»

Replies

• beyondjupiter
    beyondjupiter Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Hello darling!

Turn that frown (or angry muttering face) upside down!

First off, why are you doing this? To be thin or to be healthy? That is an important question you need to answer.

All good things come to those who wait. Rome wasn't built in a day. I could give you hundreds of these phrases but the point is, with weight loss, they are all true.

What are you doing to nourish your body? Or yourself?

While you are under your calories are you really nourishing your body with what it needs? I highly, highly recommend you read "Eat to Live" by Dr. Furhman. Also, if you have Netflix, check out some of the documentaries on there such as "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead" and "Forks over Knives". You really need to get a fire in your heart for this lifestyle change, make it your passion. When you realize all the crap all of these processed foods have, you will realize you are just poisoning your body.

Eat as many whole foods as possible! If you are hungry, eat a big salad, make a green smoothie. You need to strive to fill yourself with raw and cooked greens of many varieties, eat at least 3-4 fruits a day of different varieties, 1/2 cup of different beans per day, and eat raw nuts like almonds, walnuts, and pistachios.

Just going over your diary you are not drinking any water!! You need to drink at least 8 glasses a day, more if you can. What are you drinking? You may be drinking calories and not know it either.

Your sodium is wwaaaayyy too high. I notice you eat this a lot: Oscar Meyer - Deli Fresh Turkey Breast Oven Roasted, 6 slices. This alone is 1,320 sodium. That is a lot and it isn't good for your weight or your body.

In my opinion the slim fast bars and pudding snack packs are hurting more than helping. It is definitely okay every now and then but you need to adjust your taste buds to whole foods. Make smoothies if you can! It will help you get in a lot of greens and fruit and keep you fuller for longer.

11.5 lbs in 10 days is amazing. You body went through that initial shock and took off a lot of weight. Historically, the next weigh in will be less. The point is the number is going DOWN. Try not to focus so much on the number but the health of your body, how you are feeling.

Please friend me if you are looking for help or motivation. We are all here for you :flowerforyou:

Jen
  • NikiChicken
    NikiChicken Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I took a quick look at your food diary for the past 4-5 days, and you're starving yourself man! Eat more to lose more :)

Holy Cow! I also took a look. EAT! You are definitely starving yourself! I can see why you are on the verge of a binge. Can you really sustain this caloric intake forever? Like I said above, don't do anything to lose weight that you can't sustain for the rest of your life. You are a large man - you need to fuel your body. Please don't be afraid of eating.
  • bizzyeck
    bizzyeck Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Sodium intake is way too high. Also, look at making more of your own food. You are using a lot of processed foods.