having trouble meeting 1200 cal!!!

Options

Replies

• KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I also wanted to add that with my little 200-calorie breakfasts and lunches, I was looking at trying to get 800 calories at dinner, and that's way too much food all at one time when it's not Thanksgiving (even when it is Tgiving, actually), especially for someone who was used to a pinch of this and a bite of that and maybe an hour later a slice of toast with cheese, etc, etc. I had to learn a new way to eat.

But as I said, it worked itself out.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    No, no you're not. Eat an avocado and a spoonful of peanut butter. None of us got here by not being able to eat 1200 calories a day, you're not fooling anyone.

/end rant

:laugh:

I clicked this preparing to rage. Well done.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    surely add all things that amount to 1200 cals in a smoothie maker = done.

True that. I love those days when I have enough leftover cals for a packed peanut butter banana smoothie!
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I tried eating 1200 calories.... and I died a little. Thank goodness I read around on the forums and realize quickly that 1200 isn't for everyone. And thank goodness for vodka. On days that I have a little bit to go I get to have cocktails!
  • crlyxx
    crlyxx Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Yeah, those types are just kidding themselves. I exercise quite a bit, so I'm able to meet 1200 net, but if I didn't exercise and simply ate 1200 calories that day gross, I'd probably have to skip a meal, which sucks.
  • GamerLady
    GamerLady Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Amen! I get sick of seeing those "I can't meet my 1200 cal". I just wanna scream, "How did you get fat if you can't even eat 1200 calories a day!!!!"
  • Cobwellac
    Cobwellac Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Amen! I get sick of seeing those "I can't meet my 1200 cal". I just wanna scream, "How did you get fat if you can't even eat 1200 calories a day!!!!"

Both you and the OP, so right on.
  • twinkletoes150
    Options
    I agree! I'm also having trouble with 1200. The past week I have felt miserable. I have had a non stop hunger headache. There is no way that is healthy. I don't eat junk either. I am a vegetarian and I don't eat fast food, or much processed food. Lots of fresh food and I still feel like I'm going to pass out. I switched to the "lose 1lb per week" option and that allows me 1450. Pray for me that it helps!
  • beyondjupiter
    beyondjupiter Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I don't know guys, badgering people who complain about reaching 1200 calories isn't much more helpful than badgering someone about their weight..

^ THIS!
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options

exactly lol
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I agree! I'm also having trouble with 1200. The past week I have felt miserable. I have had a non stop hunger headache. There is no way that is healthy. I don't eat junk either. I am a vegetarian and I don't eat fast food, or much processed food. Lots of fresh food and I still feel like I'm going to pass out. I switched to the "lose 1lb per week" option and that allows me 1450. Pray for me that it helps!

Did you choose "sedentary"? If so, you're supposed to eat back calories burned exercising.
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I have trouble with 1200 calories too.. I'm starving! If I don't eat at least 1500 calories I'm a hungry hungry hippo. My calories are at 1700-1800 a day usually.

If you have trouble eating 1200 you wouldn't be overweight in the first place. Eat a burger. Eat ice cream. Eat some nuts. It's easy
  • FussyFruitbat
    FussyFruitbat Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Let's be real though, most of the people who are making these claims of not being able to eat 1200 are not people recovering from/struggling with eating disorders. I would say at least 90% of these threads are people who are learning how to eat healthy food and think that means only fruits, vegetables, and low fat no calories yogurt and/or people who are trying to impress others and themselves with how little they need.
  • Jesstruhan
    Jesstruhan Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    <3
    I'm having a hard time meeting 1200...because I eat WAY over!! WAHAHAHAH. I stick to between 1300 and 1600 as a good day. too much over that and I get a little grumpy, but SO right. Even eating healthy foods, if you eat the foods to properly fuel your body there is no way NOT to meet 1200. Unless you eat only lettuce and a little cheese all day, 1200 is tough to get down to.
  • liittlesparrow
    liittlesparrow Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    There's a few times a week I don't make 1200. But I don't eat all through out the day like most people on here, so I'm not hungry very often. I do have a day or two where I eat around 1500 calories, give or take. I think it just depends on the person. As long as someone isn't purposely trying to maintain like 800 calories a day, cause that's some killer stuff.
  • twinkletoes150
    Options
    @jonnythan: yea but I do exercise a few days a week
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    To be fair, it's easy to explain. People go in the 'diet' mind set, meaning they have to eat well. I mean all my life I heard 'to lose weight you have to eat healthy and exercise'. Except that if you really eat healthy (you know... lean meats, veggies and the like), you won't even reach 1200 calories. I mean look at the movies or shows that promote healthy eating... they have tiny salads for lunch! (I'm looking at you, Grey's Anatomy). So eating high calorie food seems counter-productive. Plus people are afraid that they'll binge if they have a piece of chocolate or a tablespoon of peanut butter.

I understand that it gets old though, but a lot of people are in the mindset that if they eat any 'junk' or high calories food, they will have failed.
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Let's be real though, most of the people who are making these claims of not being able to eat 1200 are not people recovering from/struggling with eating disorders. I would say at least 90% of these threads are people who are learning how to eat healthy food and think that means only fruits, vegetables, and low fat no calories yogurt and/or people who are trying to impress others and themselves with how little they need.

I agree, This is what I am thinking.

They need education on it and that is why they ask the questions. I never get angry with them, I just ignore the posts..since I know plenty will give their insight on it.

If someone got fat from eating bad foods and fast food. Then they cut all that out and only eat healthy low cal foods..I could see where they might not get up to 1200. They just need to know the right foods with enough calories.
  • neacail
    neacail Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I got fat from boozing. I'm not used to eating 3 full meals a day, struggling to meet my 1200 quota. No, seriously, we do exist.

You're not alone. Despite popular opinion, and while maybe not the norm, eating 1200 calories a day can be a challenge for people when they start eating healthier. I personally went through this when I replaced all of my liquid calories (coffee with sugar and cream in it, and soda) with water. It wasn't about drama, denial, or eating disorders. It was about changing five years worth of bad habits and learning how to properly nourish my body.
  • LosingitinWY
    LosingitinWY Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am new to this site (first day is today) so when I first saw this topic I thought...."YES someone is talking about having a few hours left in the day and already out of calories!!" LOL I guess I'm on the wrong side of the table.
    Joking aside, and now that I see what this post is really about, I can see how some would struggle with not eating enough. It is the classic way to YO-YO dieting! Go on a diet.....which we all know means: starve yourself, right?? (lots of sarcasm in that statement btw) do that for a little while and of course some pounds will come off but then when you can't "diet" anymore....it all comes back + a few if you are like me. Once you've done that for years you gain the mindset of an alcoholic. You aren't in denial anymore, instead, you are afraid that you are just one bite away from falling right off the wagon, right in the middle of a big ole banana split! Plan ahead! Plan on eating breakfast, lunch and dinner with a snack in the middle of each. If all 3 major meals were 300 calories and each snack is 100...then you have reached 1100 and can squeeze in a 100 calorie dessert too!! SCORE! :)

I said "you" only in general terms. The above is my personal experience and take on the subject :)