I've been lurking for a bit

Options
JenAndSome
JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
I have been on MFP for a couple months now and I've finally decided it's time to come out of the shadows and participate. I guess it just takes time for me to warm up to new things and people. I am a mother of 3 + 1 I gained through pure luck. I am 31 and haven't really done much exercise since high school. I did do a Pilates DVD after my kids were born, but that's it. I used to be pretty active and was actually a hod carrier for my ex-husband's masonry business while we were married. Fast forward a few years and still eating like a person slinging bricks and mud while climbing scaffolding while I'm actually sitting at a desk and BAM I gained 30 lbs. Now I am not so much concerned with what the scale says but how I feel and look and I want to look freaking fantastic like some of the folks I've seen on here. I'm looking forward to this journey and I hope I can make some new friends along the way.

Replies

• Hike_higher
    Options
    Good luck with your journey! I'd be happy to be your friend if you want to add me:)
  • daniellebstcyr
    Options
    I too have been a bit of a lurker. :) And you're right, it's time to crawl out of the woodwork. I need all the support I can get!

So far, things have been going smoothly -- weight is coming slowly but surely off, and I'm trying to get more exercise in.

Add me, and we can prod each other along the weight loss path!
  • annemcharles
    annemcharles Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add...I am always looking for supporters and people to support.
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Oh I bet you still have some muscles. I haven't worked in a warehouse for like 7 years and I still have some of that muscle. It seems to like sticking around. But, yeah I can't eat like I did back then or I would be oh a couple hundred more pounds than I got up to. I am glad you have decided to stop at 30 lbs it will be a bit easier. Of course, you will have a hard time losing more than a pound a week since 30 lbs is close to goal already. But, still better to be able to lose it all in less than a year than to be so big it would take more than a year.
  • Nightterror218
    Nightterror218 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Stalker:noway:

j/k :tongue:
  • JenAndSome
    Options
    Oh I bet you still have some muscles. I haven't worked in a warehouse for like 7 years and I still have some of that muscle. It seems to like sticking around. But, yeah I can't eat like I did back then or I would be oh a couple hundred more pounds than I got up to. I am glad you have decided to stop at 30 lbs it will be a bit easier. Of course, you will have a hard time losing more than a pound a week since 30 lbs is close to goal already. But, still better to be able to lose it all in less than a year than to be so big it would take more than a year.

There is still a bit of muscle, but with the fat covering it it's harder to see. It's crazy how different habits need to be just from a job change!
  • JenAndSome
    Options

Only a little. It's not like I was in someone's bushes last night watching while they were toweling off after a 25 minute shower or anything.
  • Nightterror218
    Options

How did you know how long I was in the shower for last night? :embarassed:

Only a little. It's not like I was in someone's bushes last night watching while they were toweling off after a 25 minute shower or anything.
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I've had "lurker" status for a while now, as well, so welcome to the world of interacting with people on here. Coincidentally, we appear to have started doing it at the same time.
  • JenAndSome
    Options

Would you believe me if I said I'm psychic?
  • JenAndSome
    Options
    I've had "lurker" status for a while now, as well, so welcome to the world of interacting with people on here. Coincidentally, we appear to have started doing it at the same time.

I know for me it takes a lot of thought and effort to do new things. Unless someone challenges my willpower or calls me chicken or something I have a hard time getting up the gumption to do what I know I need to. Maybe I am a bit of a chicken.:blushing:
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options

I know for me it takes a lot of thought and effort to do new things. Unless someone challenges my willpower or calls me chicken or something I have a hard time getting up the gumption to do what I know I need to. Maybe I am a bit of a chicken.:blushing:

I suppose I'm kind of the same way. It doesn't help that I've developed some serious "loner" tendencies where I try to take things on myself once I get called out and decide to act. I'm working on it now (since I recognize it, finally), hence the sudden posting.
  • jessupbrady
    jessupbrady Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    For the lurkers, the posting really helps motivate yourself. if you are active here it makes you want to show everyone you are making progress. (Not to mention, you have to make progress in order to talk about what works for you; otherwise could you be taken seriously?)

okay, now you posted... you are out of the chicken status. You put yourself out there, now it is time to put yourself to making the changes you need to get better (the changes we all need)

I'm willing to motivate and help out to anyone who wants to add me!
  • Nightterror218
    Options

not one bit :laugh:
  • JenAndSome
    Options

not one bit :laugh:

All right. You got me. Next time I'll have to be a little more sneaky.:bigsmile: