Is anyone else revising for university exams next month?

Options
Finding it pretttttty tough to stick to the fitness regime and already put on 3lbs since classes ended 2 weeks ago :0

Purely from lack of exercise.

Anyone else finding it hard to work out your body as well as your brain? good suggestions for 30min workouts? :z

Replies

• Bounce2
    Bounce2 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I am in a similar situation (thesis year). Try the Nike fitness club app for your phone... 30-45 minute workouts you can do at home. They say to use some equipment (dumbbells, medicine ball etc..) but you can find stuff to improvise with if you don't have these things. Also you tube works well as well if you have fast internet, just search 30 day shred workouts or similar... GOOD LUCK!!
  • dimsumkitty
    dimsumkitty Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Me! But I knew I was going to have problems motivating myself, so I joined a low-level sports team at the start of the year to make sure I exercise. Also the diet's on hold until the end of exams (I'm eating strictly maintenance).
  • MsBobLoblaw
    MsBobLoblaw Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I'm currently preparing for law school exams, which are insanely intense. I've got three 4-hour exams and an 8-hour one coming up in the next two weeks. If I don't keep up with my exercise routine I really notice it with regard to my mood. But, at the same time, I also feel like I can't afford the extra time. However, my mental health usually wins out and I set aside an hour or so a day to exercise no matter how behind I feel I might be with my studying.

If you only have 30 minutes, try running or some other high intensity exercise. That will probably give you the most bang for your buck.
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I've been in college full time taking 4 to 6 classes per semester and still able to watch what I eat and losing weight. I don't always get in my exercise but keeping healthy snack items in the house helps. Plus healthier foods are what I call brain food. I can concentrate better and have more energy when I eat healthier. The only processed foods in my house are breakfast cereals and frozen pizza. The cereal is bran type not sugary kid foods and the frozen pizza is there for the kids when I'm not home to cook for them. Hubby can just toss one in the oven and know that he can get the kids to eat without a fight. They don't like his cooking. They'll eat anything I put together however.

My advise: keep fresh fruits and veggies around for snacking. It really helps.