What do you guys listen to while working out?

Options
Music, podcasts, audio books, or nothing at all? I really like listening to music as it helps get me energized, but I've been interested in listening to a learn Japanese podcast while exercising. I wonder if it'll make it too hard to concentrate on one or the other. I use the Nike Training Club app, so it's a variety of different exercises within 30 minutes.

Replies

• thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    I listen to music (unless I'm doing a video that requires sound). Music approach depends on my mood, usually. Today, I went with Five Finger Death Punch. I often listen to Hammerfall.
  • Zoeys_Momma
    Zoeys_Momma Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I always listen to music. I actually have a hard time running whenever I leave my ipod at home
  • leejusd
    leejusd Posts: 81
    Options
    I listen only to the voices in my head... But seriously I don't listen to any music most of the time while lifting.
    The cardio room I have access to has TV's with movies and sports on them to help pass the time. That makes it possible to do an hour workout on an elliptical.
  • CeeCeeMee
    CeeCeeMee Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Music, lots of music. I have an iPod with just fast paced, upbeat songs just for exercising. I turn it to shuffle, and off I go. It has selections from the Beatles, B-52s, Great Big Sea, Police, Andrew Sisters, Cage the Elephant, Charlie Daniels Band, Coldplay, Elvis, and Creedance Clearwater Revival to name just a few. (I like a variety of music)

If a song comes on that isn't fast/slow enough for what I need, I skip to the next selection. There's several hours worth to choose from.
  • unapologetically_crystal
    Options
    i tend to change my music choices every once in a while so i wont get in a slump.. but my latest have been cash cash, goldhouse, krewella, and radical something. check them all out on youtube. =)
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    the person on the you tube video instructing the exercise video. lol
  • TraceysJourney
    TraceysJourney Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    This morning doing weights was Foo Fighters , then changed to Nickleback on the cross trainer :)
  • MissDennisse
    Options
    I just go to www.8tracks.com and type "exercise, workout, pumped up, etc" and click on whatever playlist seems like something i'd like to listen to ... most of the time it's some kind of hip hop or pop.
  • crossfit_lover
    crossfit_lover Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Custom Designed Playlists
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I have no way to take my Pandora stations with me when I go walking or to the gym, but when I just do workouts at home I put this kind of stuff on and crank it. This track came up on my "Kill Paris" station.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iy4qL6xGWrk
  • NavyMommy
    NavyMommy Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm an oddball. I typically listen to podcasts. My favorites are Dave Ramsey and Mark Gungor but I'll listen to about anything. I also love a good book on tape. At the moment when I run out of podcasts I'm listening to Gone with the Wind.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i listen to myself grunt loudly and slam the weights on the floor. i do this so people know i'm there.

i also say "bro" a lot.
  • CupcakesAndRazorblades
    Options
    I have a CD called "Kitty Love Songs", it's the meowing of cats in heat. It keeps me motivated.
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I like hard rock and metal.
    Killswitch engage
    Mudvayne
    All that remains
    Bullet for my valentine
    Atreyu
    And justin beiber. Hehe kidding:bigsmile:
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    Nothing. Don't want music, don't want tv, I focus on what I'm doing. Anything else is a distraction.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    When I'm running, it's almost always Rage Against the Machine (self-titled album). I've just found nothing else that can keep me running like it does.

When lifting, anything angry to help get some adrenaline and endorphins flowing. Swearing is a plus (seriously, studies have been done).
  • PeanutButterLuver
    Options
    Depends what I'm doing. When I run I prefer fast paced music like ACDC, Kings of Leon & U2. Always luv me a bit of Rhianna though. If I use the gym elliptical I watch a tv program.
  • Tennolina
    Tennolina Posts: 2,413
    Options
    i listen to myself grunt loudly and slam the weights on the floor. i do this so people know i'm there.

i also say "bro" a lot.

DUDE! Me too!!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

i also say "bro" a lot.

DUDE! Me too!!

cool story bro. ::fist pound::
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Mastodon
    Gojira
    Lamb of God
    Tool
    Dethklok
    Perfect Circle