I really BLEW IT TODAY!!!

Options

Replies

• bf1110
    bf1110 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Fasting is a bad idea that could make you keep the weight. U blew it today but today is today and tomorrow is new so when you wake up tomorrow just shrug it off and start over. You just need to do your best every day. Today was a mess up but tell yourself the rest of the week will be Great! Hope this helps. We all mess up.
  • WonTaunTaun
    WonTaunTaun Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Fasting tomorrow because you over-eat today is a form of punishing yourself and it's unhealthy. It will set you up with destructive behaviors concerning food and solidify "I am a good person when I don't eat/I am a bad person when I do eat" ideas, which will ultimately hinder your weight loss.

Log your binge, dust off, and start again tomorrow. We all have days where we blow it. You'll be okay.

Truth!

Also fasting will just set you up for another binge. It's a cycle you don't want to be in.

I agree! Please don't fast tomorrow. It will not accomplish anything for a long term commitment.
  • k916and
    k916and Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    They taught me in weight watchers that if you ate a bad meal try to start over then and there. If you drop an egg on the floor do you say oh the hell with with it and slam the whole carton on the floor or the whole carton of milk. Maybe get some more excersie today and just remember.. you can start your day over at ANY moment. Good Luck

Good way to look at it! Thank you!
    Tomorrow just start fresh and remember how you felt defeated after this rough day and push yourself to not repeat behaviors that make you feel this way! It happens, after all we are only human! Best of luck to you tomorrow & the days to follow.
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    One of the main things is that you shouldn't beat yourself up for going over your calories for a day. Just get right back on the bandwagon tomorrow. You can do this because you're an amazing person!
  • andieellengreen
    andieellengreen Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I blow it almost every weekend but every monday I get back on track and have still managed to loose weight. I like what Jillian Michaels says - saying "oh iv already ruined my good eating today i'll just eat crap" is like saying "oh i dropped my phone on the floor i'll just smash it till it breaks" . I even have the motto in my phone to motivate me when im feeling temptation. I would not recomend fasting for the whole day, just eat healthy things like lots of veg and lots of fruit!
  • azmataz7
    azmataz7 Posts: 11
    Options
    They taught me in weight watchers that if you ate a bad meal try to start over then and there. If you drop an egg on the floor do you say oh the hell with with it and slam the whole carton on the floor or the whole carton of milk. Maybe get some more excersie today and just remember.. you can start your day over at ANY moment. Good Luck

I really like this point of view...Thanks for that!
  • skinnydreams19
    skinnydreams19 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I've done that and worse SEVERAL TIMES over the past few months. Instead of fasting tomorrow, or restricting at all/exercising extra, just forgive & forget. Start tomorrow fresh as though today never happened - one day doesn't matter very much in the grand scheme of things, but if you net too few calories tomorrow, you could be setting yourself up for another bad day (a vicious cycle, trust me - been there, done that)
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Are you "blowing it" because you're removing things from your diet, are you going with the good food/bad food mentality? IF so, you may want to change that. Try to work some things that you like in each day. Also, are your calories set too low? Do you feel as though you're starving all the time? You might want to look at either upping your calories or maybe looking for more filling foods.

One thing to keep in mind, this isn't a quick fix kinda thing. It's going to take a while. Look more at the end game than what's going on right now and from day to day. I've gone over several times since I started, and it didn't stop me at all. You just log it, and move on. I went over on purpose several times, because life happens and with it are birthdays, holidays, family get togethers, and just stuff in general. It's going to happen.

Get a decent exercise routine down, make sure you're not trying to starve yourself or deprive yourself and allow the time needed to reach your goal.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    I blew it today too.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Fasting tomorrow would just perpetuate a reward/punishment mindset about food. Just be more careful tomorrow to stick to your calorie goal. Don't let one bad day put you into a tailspin.
  • overthehill1
    Options
    Don't give up we all have setbacks! Just start anew tomorrow :happy:
  • goldfinger88
    goldfinger88 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    We all screw up. It could be you're not eating enough daily and/or enough of the right things. That causes a binge. Perhaps you should take a good look at your plan. You have to have a plan you can stay on daily, all the time, forever. Not just until you drop some weight.

But don't kick yourself and I suggest you don't go without food tomorrow. Just start over and eat right. Try to find out why you binge. It will happen again if you don't address the problem.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    everyday is a fresh start
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    Fasting tomorrow would just perpetuate a reward/punishment mindset about food. Just be more careful tomorrow to stick to your calorie goal. Don't let one bad day put you into a tailspin.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Quite sure I blew it too the day before I started my diet.

That being said... it's not a good sign if you binge in your diet before you've even lost a lb.

That has been my pattern for a few years now.

Well at least you're trying. When you're really ready, you'll stop binging. It took me 14 years to get there...

False. I still binge occasionally. It's not nearly as often, and I tend to not put down as many calories as I used to, but it still happens from time to time. It has nothing to do with whether or not you're ready...a true binge eater can struggle with it forever and never really be totally binge free. The key is recognizing WHY you binge...it took a lot of counseling for me to figure things out. Now, instead of throwing in the towel, I accept that I binged, I determine why I binged, and I make better choices the next day.
  • MarioLozano16
    MarioLozano16 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I agree because Mass Effect
  • adancer59
    adancer59 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I had about the same day yesterday. It sucked, but don't fast tomorrow. Just treat it like a normal day. Get back to a healthy way of living. You can do it!

22679397.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. I have binged like this many times before. That's why I put so much weight on. But at least now I am keeping track of it. Like I said, it turned out to be a bad day.

Say, how did you folks lose all that weight? I want to take off 30 lbs.

Eating healthy and exercising, honestly. There's nothing more to it than that on my end.

I, personally, give myself one meal a week to eat anything I want. Just one meal, not one full day. I've lost nearly 50 pounds in 4 months doing this and I never feel guilty about that one meal out with friends. :) Some very much hate this concept but it works for me.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Is this in any way related to the following thread?
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/685420-morining-stiffness
  • kristynchantalle
    Options
    Do not fast tomorrow. Yes today was maybe not the best of days, and I know what it is like to eat one thing and all of a sudden you are shoving everything into your mouth so fast because you know if you slow down you will realize what you are doing and stop before getting that last handful of chips. Binges can happen to the best of us. Tomorrow is a new day, I would definitely increase your water intake to help flush out the gain. DO NOT WEIGH! It is just discouraging, give yourself a few days with healthy moderate foods before getting on the scale. Some lemons in your water act as a natural diuretic as you will most likely be retaining. Go for a walk or boost your cardio.

Write everything you eat down, not just in MFP but in a book somewhere, it keeps you accountable!

One day will not make or break you, it is consistency and getting back on track that is important.

YOU GOT THIS!

Nothing tastes as good as healthy (or what I like to say to kick my *kitten*....skinny) feels!