Anyone doing C25K

Options
Hey everyone, I've been using the phone app for a while, but I'm new to the forum. I just finished week 5 of the C25K program and the dreaded 20 min run. I finished, but only at about a 12 min mile. Just hoping to meet some new people to help motivate me and vise versa.

Replies

• JuliePleasant
    JuliePleasant Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I just added you. I am on week 3 day 2 tomorrow. Hang in there. You will be sucessful.... :-):-):-):-):-)
  • stevetroupe
    Options
    Accepted! Thanks and good luck with day 2.
  • meglash
    meglash Posts: 22
    Options
    I'm sending you a friend request now. I've done most of the program before, but got hurt. :/ Bad shoes. I've got week 5 day day 2 Thursday. Today was easier than I expected so I'm looking forward to that! Are you planning on running in any races when you finish the program?
  • abikinibyjuly
    abikinibyjuly Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Week 4 day 2 here! I've started and stopped and then started over several times. This time there is no stopping me!
  • lyndabyh
    lyndabyh Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    day 2 week 6 just hopped back on as haven't run since last fall. Restarted on week 6 on Sunday and all went well so continued with day 2 today. Felt great . I'm only running a 12 min mile too but I figure I'll concntrate on finishing the runs then I will get faster.
    Hey there's only room for improvemnt:laugh:
  • OldCrow125
    Options
    I'm a C25K veteran and plan to do the program again soon. Send me friend requests!
  • saitiffeh
    saitiffeh Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I just started week one! But optimistic :)
  • stevetroupe
    Options
    Great to see I'm not alone in my C25K journey! It definitely gets easier as you go. I never thought I'd be able to run 20 min nonstop, but I did it and can't wait to go 30 min and more. If I haven't already, I will send requests to you all.
  • stevetroupe
    Options
    Same here, I could not run in the cold so I switched to the elliptical over the winter. Started back from the beginning though, just skipped ahead if I felt good enough. Your right, we can only get better!
  • stevetroupe
    Options
    I'm sending you a friend request now. I've done most of the program before, but got hurt. :/ Bad shoes. I've got week 5 day day 2 Thursday. Today was easier than I expected so I'm looking forward to that! Are you planning on running in any races when you finish the program?

Well we are right in sync, I have W6 D1 on Friday! Don't worry about D3, after the first 10 min it's good. I definitely want to do a 5K or two this summer, maybe even a mud run or obstacle course.
  • stevetroupe
    Options
    Don't get discouraged, it gets easier trust me!
  • stevetroupe
    Options
    Week 4 day 2 here! I've started and stopped and then started over several times. This time there is no stopping me!
    Yeah, this is my third time starting. I will finish this time! Make it happen!
  • tinapunch
    tinapunch Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm just finished W3D2 this morning. Trying to get back into running after slacking for a while. Believe me......progressing slow like this is the best way to go! When I first started running abour 4 years ago, I couldn't run for more than 10 seconds. Each time I went a little longer and before I knew it, I had signed up for my very first 5K. I have now done a handful of them, and my longest run (without stopping......running only, not walking) has bee 8 miles.

You will do great!!! Keep it up and you won't even be able to remember how it was in the beginning!
  • lyndabyh
    lyndabyh Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I completed week 6 today. It was great!!! I hit my stride around the 7 min mark and didn't even have to slow down to complete the 25 min running.:bigsmile:

Granted it was still a 12 min mile pace ( though that includes my 5 min warm up walk so I probably run/jog a little faster than that) but I ran 25 min straight!!!

Can't wait for week 7
  • stevetroupe
    Options
    I completed week 6 today. It was great!!! I hit my stride around the 7 min mark and didn't even have to slow down to complete the 25 min running.:bigsmile:

Granted it was still a 12 min mile pace ( though that includes my 5 min warm up walk so I probably run/jog a little faster than that) but I ran 25 min straight!!!

Can't wait for week 7
    Nice job! Funny how around the 7-10 minute mark the legs stop hurting and you get into it. I start Week 6 tomorrow!
  • amcassey
    amcassey Posts: 16
    Options
    Started Week 4 Day 1 last night. I like knowing that Day 2 and Day 3 will be easier than Day 1. Doing a 5K Color Run next month but it's all about fun and not time. Would like to hear your progress and you finish up the training - sending a friend request.
  • faith_76
    faith_76 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I just did week 2 day 2 today!
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options

I just started week one, too! Sending you a friend request!

I'm new to MFP (2 weeks), log in every day, and am open to all new friends.
  • tennileb
    tennileb Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Week 2 day 2 done today :)

It's not my first time doing the program, I hate the first few weeks but it gets better . Feel free to add me
  • kittycatmeowmeow
    kittycatmeowmeow Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi!

Oooh good work everyone, you are all inspiring me!

I have done the program before twice - once pre knee operation, about 6 months after my knee op and was given the ok to run again and I am about to start it again after I have seriously let my fitness go for about two years. I am very excited and can't wait to get exercise endorphins buzzing away again.