Eating the wrong foods..but within your cals??

Options
2»

Replies

• lolablitz
    lolablitz Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    This is a really interesting post and helpful. I just wanted to add - I am at my goal weight but want to tone my stomach. Or basically make it flat and lose the love handles for those of you who don't like the word tone ;) I've noticed that when I eat a lot of sugar and high glycemic carbs and/or if I drink beer - my love handles grow. My midsection is really sensitive to the amount of crap carbs I eat or drink. So next time I know I'll be wearing a bikini, I'll cut them out for a week or two and bump up the whole grains and lean proteins. That's all it takes to slim out my body and I'd be willing to wager a guess that it's true for a lot of other peeps.

One other tip. College eating is tricky. Minute Brown rice is cheap and I recently looked it up - it has the same nutritional value as regular brown rice. Mix that and some canned black beans, salsa, corn and sour cream/cheese if you're feeling rich. Cheap, healthy, delish. Beans, beans, beans and eggs. Cheap proteins that are simple to prep.
  • K8cain
    K8cain Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I agree....of course with eating healthier is a better option...but also that staying in your calories is the main thing!! However, I have found that as I have gotten older (41) it definitely makes a difference!! My body doesn't do as well with the junk food, no matter the calorie count. I feel as long as your future goals are to eat healthier calories when possible that you should be fine!!
  • ShaeLovelyy
    Options
    This is a really interesting post and helpful. I just wanted to add - I am at my goal weight but want to tone my stomach. Or basically make it flat and lose the love handles for those of you who don't like the word tone ;) I've noticed that when I eat a lot of sugar and high glycemic carbs and/or if I drink beer - my love handles grow. My midsection is really sensitive to the amount of crap carbs I eat or drink. So next time I know I'll be wearing a bikini, I'll cut them out for a week or two and bump up the whole grains and lean proteins. That's all it takes to slim out my body and I'd be willing to wager a guess that it's true for a lot of other peeps.

One other tip. College eating is tricky. Minute Brown rice is cheap and I recently looked it up - it has the same nutritional value as regular brown rice. Mix that and some canned black beans, salsa, corn and sour cream/cheese if you're feeling rich. Cheap, healthy, delish. Beans, beans, beans and eggs. Cheap proteins that are simple to prep.

hahaha my love handles grow like a hardddd **** man! hahaha my stomach has some good definition to it but the lower stomach is a ***** cause the love handles! thanks for the adviceee
  • fireguy262
    fireguy262 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that when I eat a lot of sugar and high glycemic carbs and/or if I drink beer - my love handles grow.

I recently read somewhere that its not the dietary fats you need to be watching, its all about the sugar and carbs. Its that extra bad stuff that makes people fat....there is an interesting article out there about how possibly the worst thing for the human race was the advent of agriculture. With agriculture, high carb/low protein and nutrient foods became abundant thus adding to the obesity problem. This article supports the whole "paleo diet" movement.
  • atomhavok
    atomhavok Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    IIFYM
  • iggylove123
    iggylove123 Posts: 302
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! Since November I've been eating Cinnamon life, spinach, and some sort of fruit for lunch almost every day but for some reason I love it! I still eat unhealthy things for dunner though sometimes and I stay under my calorie limit! You'll be fine :) That's how I lost over 30 pounds!
  • diliveslife
    diliveslife Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Eating "healthy" has always been my challenge. I lost pretty much all my weight eating what I want just a little. Adding protein shakes has been a saving grace since they fill me up so I don't eat junk. I get the premade ones so its convenient. My goal is to be a better cook and eat well for my health but really I'm an exercise junkie which helps me feel okay about not being a nutrition freak.
  • ShaeLovelyy
    Options
    agreeed! im an exercise junkie too but dam girl! 108 pounds! you gooo!! haha thankssss for all the responses =D