Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

SQUATS: Machine vs. Squats wtihout weights

What is the difference between squats on the machine and free range squats not using the machine/without weights? My friend and I are doing 100 squats a day for the next 30 days and I’ve been using a machine 100 in a row between 35-55 lbs vs. my gf is doing them free without weights (she is a fitness trainer).

Would I get better perky booty results doing them free vs. the machine? I don’t want to think I’m wasting my time. What do you think?

Replies

• kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Well I think doing them with weights is way more effective but why 100? 4 sets of 10 with weights would be more than enough. Maybe throw some lunges and deadlifts in there and you've got yourself a nice leg workout. :)

Edited to say I would use dumbbells or a barbell though....free weights.
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Why not free range squats with weight?? They can be better than both machine and body weight squats.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Neither.
    I would say using a machine is better than doing them without weights at all, but why not use weights? Will get you the best result and you won't have to do so many of them
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Thanks for all the responses. I'm not sure why 100.....that was just the number that was given to me lol.

I think next week I'll get off the machine and try free with weights and add some lunges in, sounds like a good idea.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    a squat in a machine isn't a squat. period.
  • jpolinisse
    jpolinisse Posts: 149 Member
    Saw this a while back......http://scoobysworkshop.com/squat-myths/

I think machine, with weight, without is all good.