Can I eat at night?! (Please Read Explanation)

Options
2»

Replies

• Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,282 Member
    Options
    Your body won't go into starvation mode after one day

This. You want to have an average at least 1200 over time. That could mean 800 one day, 2100 the next, and 1400 after that...just an example.

Ohhh wait so how come they say that after a binge, you should just continue to eat your normal calories instead of consuming lesser calories the next day? They all say that it's bad to consume lesser calories (For example, 1200 is the person's limit, so on the binge day she eats 1800 calories, but articles say that eating only 600 calories the next day to make up for eating so much the previous day--is bad for you?)

Because it is a bad habit to get into and could lead to other issues. You are not growing a healthy relationship with food and your overall diet this way (not diet as in calorie restriction but diet as in what you eat).
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    This

And this
    It's fine to eat at night. It's also fine to hunt down the person who ate your food and staple their ears to their desk.
  • chillakiss
    chillakiss Posts: 33 Member
    Options
  • chillakiss
    chillakiss Posts: 33 Member
    Options

Because it is a bad habit to get into and could lead to other issues. You are not growing a healthy relationship with food and your overall diet this way (not diet as in calorie restriction but diet as in what you eat).

I see :) what if it was only a one day binge? like something I only do every 3 months...
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

This. You want to have an average at least 1200 over time. That could mean 800 one day, 2100 the next, and 1400 after that...just an example.

Ohhh wait so how come they say that after a binge, you should just continue to eat your normal calories instead of consuming lesser calories the next day? They all say that it's bad to consume lesser calories (For example, 1200 is the person's limit, so on the binge day she eats 1800 calories, but articles say that eating only 600 calories the next day to make up for eating so much the previous day--is bad for you?)

I see :) hat if it was only a one day binge? like something I only do every 3 months...

Than it would still not be a huge issue in regards to your weight loss and I would still suggest you go back to eating normally the next day.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Tear them up. I eat all day long from morning until bedtime. Hasn't hurt my progress at all.
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    i eat dinner at 9 pm and a whopping 600 calorie meal at 12 pm chock full of carbs havent had any issues
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    My question is, I don't want to go under my limit (100 is WAYYY under 1200), since it'll make my body go into starvation mode,
    Bro-science. It would take more than a single occurence, it would take a long period of time staying under X amount in order to induce this much feared "starvation mode". People routinely fast and have few issues. Now, do it for a week and you might be inviting a problem.
    however, I won't get home til 6:30 to eat, and I heard that eating calories at night isn't good for you?
    Bro-science. No legit science that I've ever seen would support that.
    Would it be okay to consume my remaining 1,100 calories tonight? :/
    Yes.