The gym parking lot

Options
At first getting back into shape was hard... I joined this site and gained ten pounds... good job me. Then I started exercising again since i finally had time to go to the gym... it was hard at first.. ten minutes seemed like forever. i'd be in the parking lot and find a reason not to go in. It took a few weeks to really get back into it.... had to really kick myself in the *kitten*. I know I can do it... for god sakes I used to run seven miles sex days a week... i can handle four miles five days a week... and now I feel better... sleep better... eat better and I enjoy the gym again!!!!!! Guess the message is... don't give up on yourself... nobody is babysitting you and making you do this... YOU have to make yourself do it. Even on the days I REALLY don't want to... I go and make myself run for 20 mins... and after the 20 i usually finish my regular work out! Why 20 minutes? it takes 15-20 minutes for your body to use stored ATP (what your body rips apart for energy). I feel refreshed and good after and now my body has used up the energy it was going to store in my thigh's ha ha GOOD LUCK!!!!

Replies

• jmlancour
    jmlancour Posts: 10
    Options
    At first getting back into shape was hard... I joined this site and gained ten pounds... good job me. Then I started exercising again since i finally had time to go to the gym... it was hard at first.. ten minutes seemed like forever. i'd be in the parking lot and find a reason not to go in. It took a few weeks to really get back into it.... had to really kick myself in the *kitten*. I know I can do it... for god sakes I used to run seven miles sex days a week... i can handle four miles five days a week... and now I feel better... sleep better... eat better and I enjoy the gym again!!!!!! Guess the message is... don't give up on yourself... nobody is babysitting you and making you do this... YOU have to make yourself do it. Even on the days I REALLY don't want to... I go and make myself run for 20 mins... and after the 20 i usually finish my regular work out! Why 20 minutes? it takes 15-20 minutes for your body to use stored ATP (what your body rips apart for energy). I feel refreshed and good after and now my body has used up the energy it was going to store in my thigh's ha ha GOOD LUCK!!!!
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Well said:flowerforyou:
    Thanks and good luck to you too.:flowerforyou:
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I wish I could "run seven miles sex days a week" ^_^

:flowerforyou: Good Job! Congrats on your success! :flowerforyou:
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    I know I can do it... for god sakes I used to run seven miles sex days a week...

Looks like you have something other than exercising on the brain lol :tongue:

I agree. If you want things to change you really have to put the effort forth and then you reap the rewards.
    Congrats on getting yourself back to the gym. :flowerforyou:
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    a calorie burned is a calorie burned no matter how you do it but I'll bet you get more burnt running while doing it than any other way! :laugh:

I remember when I could run and my wife and I would do 6 - 10 mile training days, there were just those days that happened when we did all of our stretches and took off from the gym got about 100 yards and came to a dead stop, looked at each other and just went naaaah and we'd walk back to the gym and lift weights and play raquet ball for three hours instead.

You're right though, all fun aside, the body doesn't like to exercise or change the way it eats and once addicted to that sedentary life style it's hard to get them both in line to work out and change -- once you do get them both motivated they become easily and equally addicted to the new life style and help you out. Just becareful for those days where you'd rather not go to the gym but have to make yourself do it anyway.

Good Luck!
  • NurseBarb
    NurseBarb Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    seven miles sex days a week...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that thinks that is what the days should be called!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

ok, seriously... you're absolutely right! When I finally figured out I had to work hard and no one was going to help or do it for me is when I saw this in a whole new light. And while my family is very supportive they are going to babysit me either. I am still at the 10 minuntes is hard phase but I know if I just keep chugging along that 10 minutes will turn into 30 and someday 45 or more, and maybe someday I could actually run! errrrr ummmmmm power walk...... I would get black eyes if I ran! :laugh: :laugh:
  • jmlancour
    jmlancour Posts: 10
    Options
    ha sex days a week... nice! at least it made it entertaining tot read!
  • spunkone
    spunkone Posts: 13
    Options
    When you talk about babysitting..
    My friend Paula and I talk almost everyday. Everyday we talk, she asks me how much I'm down, what I ate the day before, and how long was I at the gym. I didn't ask her to do this, she just does it. She is my best supporter out there. If I say I didn't do anything or ate something crappy she asks me why and makes me give her an answer.
    I have never been so happy to have a friend like this. She makes me accountable.
  • kellbell
    kellbell Posts: 145 Member
    Options

This is totally BUMP worthy!!!!