help me to make sweet potato fries

Options
2»

Replies

• chich30
    chich30 Posts: 1
    Options
    Yum!! having them like a baked pot how do you do that? do you peel first if not can you eat the skin?
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Anyone do them more like a dessert with cinnamon and/or brown sugar? I've been looking for a recipe more like that so I can enjoy them as I do at Texas Road House, but healthier. I saw it on a show once but cannot for the life of me find the recipe.
    \

my husband and i make it this way all the time- cut them up into cubes, lightly coat with olive oil, sprinkle with cinnamon and bake.

Any specifics on how long I should bake them and at what temp? I will definitely be doing this as soon as I get sweet potatoes! Also, if anyone who eats the purple ones know how well this works, that's be great to know as I live in Japan and not sure if they have orange sweet potatoes here.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    You can buy frozen ones from Waitrose.:wink:
  • SparklesSam
    SparklesSam Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Peel and cut into 1cm fry size. Place in a pot of cold water, bring to boil, boil for 6 minutes. Transfer to baking tray that has been sprayed with oil. Spray all over with extra virgin olive oil spray. Bake in oven at 200 degrees Celsius (I think that's 400 Fahrenheit?) for 25 to 30 mins. Turn halfway through if not using a tray with holes. Keep an eye on them as in the later stages depending on oven they can burn. Mine come out with a slight crisp this way.