Kale recipes???

Options
I have never had kale before but found a recipe for Kale chips. I made them tonight. a lot of reviews went on and on about how great they were. I'm not sure how long to bake them, so I baked until they were "dry" seasoned before baking with salt and garlic powder (sprayed olive oil all over first)...about 15 minutes.. Not sure if I'll rush to do it again. I understand they are very nutritious. Any suggestions?

Replies

• made2wonder
    made2wonder Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I didn't like kale chips, either, but I may have overcooked them.
  • koshkasmum
    koshkasmum Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Kale is a great veggie to just eat as a veggie so I have never tried to make chips of it. I love baby kale in a salad or wilted in a frying pan with a bit of olive oil and garlic like you would spinach. Mature kale can be a bit tough, so cut out the thick stems and chop the rest and cook it with a bit of ham like you would collard greens (it will need to cook a while..). Or shred it, steam it until tender and mash it in with your mashed potatoes (yum). Also good to add a nice green touch to soups....
  • jbruced
    jbruced Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I often add chopped kale to fried or sauteed cabbage and onions. Season with salt, pepper, garlic and some crumbled bacon
  • melissalucey
    melissalucey Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Kale, cashew and red onion stir fry with a side of 2 scrambled eggs makes up my breakfast most days.
  • cutemisty5
    Options
    Does anyone have any tried and true kale chip recipes? I just bought a bag of kale and I'd like to make some kale chips. I have coconut oil and spices but no parmesan cheese which most recipes that I have found call for.