How late do you eat?

Options
13»

Replies

• juliana813
    juliana813 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    if it doesn't go over your calories, carbs, sodium, and all that jazz you could have mac donalds every day and i wouldn't affect your weight loss! Of course, it's much much easier to just eat a LOT of healthy things rather than 1 burger with fries and then lettuce the rest of the day :-)
  • geminijai
    geminijai Posts: 15
    Options
    For me, it honestly depends on the day and weekends have little to no structure. But I try to be up at 7am every day and, after showering and getting ready for the day, here's how my meals look:

Breakfast @ 8am... Midday snack @ 11am... Lunch @ 2pm... Pre-workout snack @ 5pm... Dinner @ 8pm

And, if I have anything left over in my daily 1200 cals (NOT including waht I've burned from exercise), I might have an extremely light snack before bed @ 11pm.

I'm trying to change my schedule and wake-up time, though, because I'd like to be up at 6am beginning in May so that I can get a run in before work every day--- which means adjusting all of those times by 30-60mins earlier. It's difficult to eat dinner at the same time, though, because I have class two nights a week from 7-9:45pm. So, while it's deemed "acceptable" to eat an actual meal in one class (where I'm in the back row)-- it's considered rude in the other because I sit in the front row. So I have to get creative one night a week.
  • Viva81Diva
    Viva81Diva Posts: 148
    Options
    I eat before bed if I am starving. I have been eating a protein bar about an hour to 2.5 hrs before falling asleep because I have been exercising around 10pm each night.

It does matter, though. If you are active throughout the day on a constant basis, your body burns more calories when you sleep. If you are less or inactive, your body burns way less calories. When you eat, it takes awhile for your food to digest, so if you eat right before you sleep, the digestion process takes a little longer because your body is at it's most relaxed position. That means that you are storing more calories than burning rather than when awake.

Even when you store these calories, it is all calories that you take in, so as long as you burn those calories you will still lose weight.

Also, I don't know too much about it but you can find out more about the physical effects of eating at certain times of the day. There is truth in the way your body reacts to certain foods at specific times in the day. If you are interested in learning more about the science behind it, definitely do some research. :)
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    My work schedule has me getting home anywhere between 7:30pm to 10:30pm so my choices are to either eat dinner at 2-4pm or eat after I come in. Eat when it makes the most sense for you.
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Timing does not really matter in most cases..

In my experience, as long as you're eating healthy foods in the right amounts, it won't make a difference in fat loss. I lost lots of weight eating very late at night & just before bed.

I currently stop eating three hours before bedtime. It works well, too.